Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend Update!

No I-171H yet. I was hoping it would come yesterday but, oh well, I would've had to wait until Monday to do anything with it anyway. Hopefully it will come tomorrow...if it does, I can get it notarized and off to Richmond tomorrow afternoon...planning to have my dossier to CHI by either Friday or next Monday. Depends on the mail and on UPS. It will be nice to have it out of my hands. Then I can start thinking about the future. Start getting my shots, making some lists (I am the queen of list-making) for travelling and prepping, etc. Really start looking at names--MAJOR indecision right now! I won't really be able to pick a name until I see a picture and hear my daughter's given name but I need to narrow it down.

I'm still having panic attacks about travelling. I get nauseated every time I think of getting on the plane. I'm not scared of flying...just don't like being stuck in one place for that long without the option of getting off for a little while! The hardest part will be the 2.5 hour drive to Dulles! We passed the exit on the way to get fingerprinted and I thought I'd lose my lunch thinking about it. Hopefully the excitement will outweigh the nerves.

I am in the throes of my annual summer cold...started with a sore throat the other day and woke up today with all the other fun cold maladies. Unfortunately, this is keeping me from seeing little Maddie--she is too little, I don't want to make her sick! And of course, I have to be sick on my only days off for awhile. I'm trying to work a lot of overtime to make some moolah. Worked two 4 hours shifts the last two nights and on Saturday morning....I delivered a baby!!!!! Okay, I didn't actually catch it but I got to help. After getting the girl out of the car, we checked her real quick and determined we thought we could make it to L&D (the ER is not a great place to deliver a baby!). We made it with about 3 minutes to spare! A beautiful little girl! I won't go into all the details but it was the mom's first kid and to quote her minutes later "Oh, my God. I just had a baby! Is that all there is to it?" I think she better camp on the hospital parking lot if she decides to have anymore! What a great way to end a shift!!

So that is all for now. Back to work tomorrow night, hopefully I'll feel better. If that I-171H comes tomorrow, I'll feel much better.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

You know - my fear of flying has subsided substantially since seeing our boy's picture! I bet it will be the same for you! :)

Oh - and we picked a name! For the past 4 years we could not agree on a boy's name. Then, we saw his picture and we knew his name that night! (We took a while 'just to be sure' but we both knew we were going with it.) It's Micah Yabsira. I'll post about it soon. :)

Stacie

gigglechirp said...

Come on I-171H!!! and what an amazing career you have..to be part of a delivery, etc etc...cool.

Take care and can't wait to hear your good news this week with gettin' all that paper out of your hands.It is such a HUGE relief!!

:)Jenni

Julianne said...

Hey girl! Hope your flight goes more smoothly than the one from Lexington to Cincinnati, and Cincinnati to Charlottesville!!! :)