Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 8, 2007

Update and Pix!

This is likely to be a long, windy blog...so sit back and read on!


Today was a red-letter day in my dossier process. I sent my dossier to Richmond to be certified. Barring any redo's that they may need, I will only have one more document to go...the 171H (immigration form). I thought I would be totally elated to send everything in, but it kind of freaked me out. I'm having major separation anxiety not being able to recheck the doucments 20 times a day. Hopefully they are all okay; they passed Lindsay's inspection and she demands perfection (thankfully--I want them to be right). Jenni suggested that I contact my senator and see if it is possible to "hurry" the 171H along. Jenni works in politics, so I hate to say this...but I'm very embarassed to admit that I don't even know who my senator is (someone catch Jenni before she passes out!). Easy to find on the internet and I'll do that here shortly.


My niece Madison is doing great! Her mom and dad are fair-to-middling. Madison grows cuter every day and that is not just her aunt talking...she really is a beautiful baby. And so sweet and content (except, apparently, between the hours of 2am and 6am!). I went over today and watched her for about 2 hours while Chad and Lesa took naps...rough job! Just sat and watched TV, all snuggled up...warm and fuzzy! Then the whole family came over and did dinner. My other brother Todd was even caught holding Madison. His wife, Diana, may get a kid out of him yet. (Sorry Todd, but I promise she did not bribe me to say that!). I even got a picture of him holding Maddy but I'm not posting it because he has a very weird look on his face...don't want to embarass him!



Added some pix of my nursery in-progress. Still have a few things to do, cushions for the rocker, add some shelves for toys, etc. The wall hanging is fabric I found at Wal-Mart and Mom sewed it up so I could hang it. It is the same design as she used for my quilt that she made. I'm going with giraffes...I love them, they are so fascinating. The last time Dad went to Kenya, he asked me what I wanted him to bring me...I said "a baby giraffe." So he brought me some carved giraffes and they are sitting on a shelf in the nursery. I also have a great giraffe print of a mother giraffe leaning down to nuzzle her baby...it's hanging over the changing table.

Mom bought me a stuffed giraffe off of e-bay. It is Geoffery, the Toys R Us mascot. If you squeeze it's ear, it talks and sings--yes it sings the "I don't want to grow up" theme song! Anyway, I set it on the floor and the animals had to investigate. Being a typical dog, Ollie headed straight for the back to check out the giraffe's important parts.

Last, but not least. Here is a great T-shirt I got from cafepress.com. It is for 12 months and I can't wait to get a picture of my daughter in it. I'm thinking of taking a picture of her with it on when I first get her (it would probably be big like a nightshirt) and using that as my adoption announcement!

3 comments:

april said...

Love the pictures!! Madison is so cute!!! Love reading your daily postings. Sounds like things are moving along...she will be here before you know it....like the name Emmie!

Stacie said...

That picture of Ollie is hilarious! :) Too cute! Love the nursery pictures too!

gigglechirp said...

You are sooo funny! -- and not alone re: the whole senator thing! All that matters is that ya know where to find 'em when you need them! Anyway, love the nursery photos and Ollie is so cute. Giraffes are fun, and I hope to add one to our nursery as part of the welcoming crew with our lion. Is the photo you are talking about the "first kiss" giraffe photo? love it and plan to order it.

anyway, hang in there!
:)Jenni