Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Product Plug

Since there is nothing happening on the adoption front...I'll put in a plug for a great new product I found. I've had this nasty cold for about 6 days (thanks to spending an hour one-on-one with a croupy kid in the ER Friday night...adult don't get croup but the virus that causes croup can give you a cold virus...sort of like RSV). So I woke up this afternoon feeling like you-know-what and I had exhausted all my OTC meds (which I have quite a collection of) so I decided to try these shower soothers tablets. I bought them last year but had never tried them. You just stick one on the shower floor and it dissolves under the water...kind of makes your shower into a giant vaporizer. Can I say OMG! It totally broke up the chest congestion, the snot is flowing freely from the nostrils again (remember--you are reading a blog written by a nurse, sorry if I gross you out!), what an amazing relief. I just hope it lasts. If not, back to the shower. BTW, Ollie's sinuses are clear now too! He always sits on the bathroom rug and waits on me to get out of the shower--separation anxiety.

So next time you have a cold, don't underestimate the power of eucalyptus and menthol steaming up all around you. AHHHHHH! (That was me breathing through my nose again!).

2 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Those sound great!!! Hope you get feeling better so you can appropriately celebrate gettin' that paperwork out of your site!
Jenni

Bruce: said...

And no one describes basic body functions in such eloquent professional terms like a professional. The vision of s___ running down one's front in a shower is an image that seems a little beyond the fringes to me.