Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So happy together...

No pix tonight, too tired. Weird day, schedule all messed up, lots to catch up on from the last couple days but just too tired tonight (Mari just went down, 2 hours later than usual). But I wanted to post.

4 weeks ago (minus the time difference) I met Miss Mari for the first time. It is kind of surreal to think that that much time has past, it seems like yesterday. But it also seems like we've always been together. I think I was completely emotionally detached in Ethiopia; overwhelmed by the situation, surroundings, etc. It has all hit this week...while I have loved every minute of being a mom, it is really starting to sink in (in a great way). There is nothing better in the world than to walk into Mari's room first thing in the morning (after listening to her happy babble in the baby monitor) and being greeted by the biggest grin in the world. I just know that if she could talk, she would be saying "good morning Mommy!" I wish I could bottle up that first look in the morning and open it for a "pick-me-up" any time during the day.

Tonight,after our somewhat strange day, Mari buried her head in my chest, gripped onto me and just sighed a happy little sigh. Oh the bliss! Then when she started get her tired whimpers, I went and filled her little bath tub. I couldn't hear over the running water but when I came out of the bathroom, she was crying and calling "mamamamamama!" That is the first time I have heard her say MA! (And not from a lack of prompting!). Of course, as soon as she saw me she stopped (and grinned) and I haven't gotten her to say it again. But M's are in her vocabulary now!

Then, when I decided it had to be bedtime (since it was already 2 hours later than normal), I took her into her room and rocked her to the lullaby CD. We usually do this when she is already tired and cranky; most times she will fight me until she goes to sleep...we have never made it past the second song, she can drop off pretty quickly. Tonight, she fought sleep but didn't fight me. We were well into the 4th song on the CD but it was very pleasant, just rocking and staring at each other. Very peaceful.

So now I'm going to bed. Feeling tired but very good.

5 comments:

gigglechirp said...

and so, so happy for you!!

love to Mari from Mamushster,
(is it bad that when I'm talkin' about her to friends I refer to her as Mamush and Micah's girlfriend? :) )
Jenni

LISA said...

You're right. Pure bliss!

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

There is nothing better than motherhood. It just keeps getting better too. Enjoy every minute.

Stacie said...

So sweet! I'm so happy that you're enjoying motherhood so much with your sweet girl.

Ummm... I too refer to her as Micah and Mamush's girlfriend. Poor girl - she won't know what to do with these boys when she meets them! And, isn't it funny how they're all three so close in age? I wish you lived closer! We could have the best playdates ever! :)

Annie said...

Jill, I still get so excited for you as I read these posts. Made all that waiting worth it for days like these;)