Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm SO tired!!!!!!

Well, we've been home 48 hours now....gosh, I'm tired! Mari got a LITTLE off kilter yesterday. I thought we were getting our time switched but she had me fooled. I put her down at about 3pm for a nap, figuring that she would get up and have dinner and them maybe sleep halfway decent at night. WRONG! At 7pm, I realized that she wasn't getting back up and, since I was so tired, I just went to bed. And, yes I went to sleep. She woke up sometime around 9ish for a bottle and fell asleep about 3 sucks into it, I changed her diaper and actually put her in a sleeper (she was still in her bibbed overalls) and back to bed. She woke up at 1am wide awake and happy as could be. So we played until about 4 and then she slept until 6:30am.


So this morning I decided we were going to work on a schedule. I did a little reading last night (or early this morning, whatever time it was) about eating plans and such since we are so off course. I fed her rice cereal, squash (yummy!) and she finished up with some formula. The meal did not end in a hissy fit as yesterday's did, so maybe I finally filled that fat little belly! Then we had a bath and lotion and cream for the rash (which is already looking better!) and fresh clothes. She then played and played and played. She had a bottle and a nap around 10:30 and then was up playing again. We took a stoller ride around the neighborhood, enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. Lunch was cereal and formula followed by more playing. Then my Dad came over and we went to Lowe's and Wal-Mart where I bought more baby food so we can start expanding our options slowly. She finally fell asleep on the way home (which is where we are now). I'm hoping that the lack of sleep throughout the earlier day does not affect her getting up for dinner and playtime...I want to have her up at least a couple hours before bedtime. Wishful thinking but maybe!


So how are things going you ask? Well, Miss Mari has developed an attitude. When it comes to feeding, Momma can't get the food shoveled into her fast enough, she giggles and laughs as long as you keep it coming but, hesitate a moment, then there is a meltdown. Yesterday we were having meltdowns when the cereal was all gone but today I was armed with a bottle that topped off the meal and prevented the meltdown (BTW...the highchair is so much easier than propping her up in the hotel bed!). She also has an attitude about me leaving the room. I guess it shows good progress that she freaks if I'm out of her sight but sometimes you have to pee! I can't even turn my back without her wimpering. We made a little progress today in that she let me wash bottles in the kitchen sink (which she can see easily from the living room floor where she was doing tummy/rolling time) but I had to keep a running conversation about nothing going! She also is great with the crocodile tears, she cries the moment you turn your back but when you look back at her, she grins and giggles...oh, so cunning! She is going to be a little diva.


What else is new? Well, the poop is back on track...no, the chili was not needed. Pear juice and 4 lovely diapers later!! Ugh! She also peed on the changing pad...just not quick enough I guess (Mom pointed out I should be glad she's not a boy!). She got her first hair brushing/combing today...it really didn't need it but I want her to get used to the feel of it. She loved the little head massage and now her curls are all fluffy and soft (pix later). She has taken to squealing high pitched...happy or mad, you have to check her face to know (I have read other blogs that say their Ethiopian kids squeal/scream too). She absolutely won't take a pacifier, just seems clueless. I know this is a blessing that I won't have to break the habit later but she has to suck on a fleece blanket to sleep and that just doesn't seem safe. But I'll save that battle for another day.


Well, I better go get some housework and stuff done (I still have one bag from Ethiopia to unpack yet...it'll wait) while Princess is snoozing. More pix later and I'll give a detailed trip account with pix once we are little more settled.


To tide you over...here is my favorite picture so far.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh the schedule! You know Micah used to try and fall asleep at 5 p.m. for the night. We'd try everything to wake him up - even give him a bath and he'd pretty much sleep through it. It will work itself out though! It sounds like you're doing pretty well considering the major life changes you've both gone through (are going through!).

Jennifer and Ty said...

How precious! I just wanted you to know that I am enjoying reading your blog. I means a lot to start thinking about some of the things we will be dealing with later. I am sure you know this, but I have read that with children adopted internationally it is a good sign that they get upset when you leave the room. Good luck with the schedule...hope you can get some rest, too.

Annie said...

Jill,
I love that picture, too. I am exhausted for you!! Sounds like you are doing an awesome job. So cute hearing all about her personality.
Hope you are able to catch up on some sleep soon. Housework can wait--

LISA said...

Jill, sounds like mommyhood is going well for you!!! Yayyy!! for the poop!!!
Lisa :)