Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Amari is with me!

I have to keep this short and sweet...internet is difficult, maybe pix tomorrow...we will try a different internet cafe.

I met Mari (calling her Roza right now as she responds with a grin immediately) at about 9:30 this morning and we have had a great day. She is super good and at first very solemn (they said she is very serious). But after getting back to the Hilton this afternoon, she has been grinning and playing and TALKING (yes she is a chatterbox!). She eats well although has yet to eat as much as they say she does. All the 9 month clothes fit with extra room...she appears to be about the same size as Madi!

Mari is very near crawling...is up on all fours and scooting on her belly but hasn't put them together. She rolls everywhere but has less control sitting up on her own...feeding in a hotel room is fun (wish I had had room for the boppy).

Well, I better go. Grandpa is babysitting (it is 8pm and Mari is fed, bathed,
and in bed asleep) and he wants a turn to try emailing...he has had more trouble than I have. I am very exhausted and overwhelmed, it has been an emotionally draining day.

To all my blog buddies and CHI groupies...met all the kids today and will try
to get more info tomorrow. They are all adorable!

Love to all my family!!! I miss you very much!

15 comments:

Julianne said...

That is so great! I've only checked your blog about 5 times today waiting for an update!! Congratulations!!!! Thanks! I love you!

Kathryn said...

So excited that you have Amari. Can't wait to see pictures.

Ted and Jill said...

Cannot wait to see pics!

Stacie said...

That is all so great to hear! Enjoy every minute!! (I know you are!)
Stacie D.

diana said...

I am so happy for you. We checked on your other babies today. They are doing just fine, but they miss you. Thank you for the update.

LISA said...

So glad you got a chance to post. Enjoy sharing Ethiopia with Amari!!
Lisa :)

Annie said...

Hi, Jill,

So happy that you have Amari! How exciting it was to read this post and picturing you doing all "the Mommy tasks". So happy for you--can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Jill & Bruce,
I am SOOO happy for you and I can not wait to hear the whole story of the trip. I hope you can keep posting... enjoying our window into your amazing journey.
-j

Chad & Lesa said...

We can't wait to see all the pictures of Amari and hear the story of your first meeting. We are so anxious for you all to come home. I'll keep looking for updates. Tell your Dad that Chad and I aren't receiving the emails, but your Mom is forwarding them onto us. Love and miss you all!

Chad, Lesa & Madi

Stacie said...

Oh, this is so wonderful to hear Jill. Enjoy all the memory making moments
Forsberg

Deedra Lynn said...

Jill, you are definitely in my prayers! What an amazing, amazing time in your life. Soak up every minute of it!!! Can't wait to see pics of you and your precious little girl!

Decade 4.0 said...

Yeah! I just love reading about parents picking up the children that I have had a chance to see and meet. It feels so good to know that Amari is finally with her mommy! She is so precious!
Please say hello to all of the HoH staff for us, and let them know our kids are doing great!
:)
christi

Kristina said...

Yay! You must be so excited/happy/thrilled/tired! Enjoy her! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures.

Children's Hope International said...

What a great update! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to post for everyone.

May Roza keep on grinnin'!

Renee said...

SOOO Exciting!! Can't wait to hear more and to see photos!! Have fun!