Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Health Update

Just a quick update. Mari is sleeping and I still have a mountain of laundry to fold and put away.

Took Miss Mari to the pediatrician this morning. She is still wheezing slightly and there are some "residual crackles" in her left lower lung indicating that she did in fact have pneumonia. This is the area that I was feeling the "rubbing" sensation (yes, I failed to take my stethoscope to Ethiopia but it probably would have only made me more worried). Given the fact that all the babies at HOH had runny noses and coughs, it was probably RSV induced. The good news is she is already 100% better and we are not going to treat any further unless she gets worse. She has some dry scaly patches on her torso that have not responded to lotion, so we are going to try a little anti-fungal cream but again, no biggie as it doesn't seem to bother her. She also developed a rash overnight that is probably an irritation because I switched soaps (stupid me!). So we are starting over with Dove. The constipation is an issue again so prune juice time!!!!

FYI...my pediatrican has a family member from Ethiopia and she said that they have found with the older children that Wendy's Chili is the closest food to anything from Ethiopia. I love Wendy's Chili and I don't remember anything tasting like that! But she said, if the prune juice doesn't work, try pears, then grind up some Wendy's Chili and feed her!!!!!!!! Who is going to change that diaper? NOT ME!!

After the pediatrician's vist, we stopped by work and did insurance stuff. (I may have found another family that is going to adopt from Ethiopia and they are looking at CHI!!! Would be wonderful to have someone close to share this with.) After showing off for some co-workers, Mari fell asleep in the car and is out cold. But it is almost her bedtime on Addis time. Hopefully I can get her up and playing later and get her clock rescheduled. She slept from 8pm-3am and then, after playing for an hour, slept until 6:30. So we are well on our way to changing around...just a little cranky about it!

7 comments:

Julianne said...

Let me know how that diaper and Wendy's Chili works for you!!!

Heather said...

I am so jealous I wasn't at work today!!! I didnt get to see her. Maybe sometime again in the near future! Glad things are going well.

Heather said...

I am so jealous I wasn't at work today!!! I didnt get to see her. Maybe sometime again in the near future! Glad things are going well.

Brooke said...

Congrats on your journey! Mari is so precious. I wish all the best for you both as you settle in at home.

Brooke
(CHI Family)

Annie said...

Glad that she is feeling better and hope her schedule adjusts to our clock soon. Thinking of you :)

The Journey said...

Welcome back! The Wendy's Chili suggestion is fabulous, will have to try that (once we receive a referral, a court date, a travel date, and return home! :)

Kristina said...

I'm glad she's feeling better. I hope she gets all the way better soon. It sounds like she is already starting to adjust to the time change. It's amazing what a long plane ride and little sleep will do for you!

Get some sleep for yourself and enjoy that baby!