Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hanging on tight!

I'm going to try to post while the little diva is napping. We had a total meltdown yesterday evening but I was ready for it. I refused to let her sleep from 3pm to the middle of the night again, so at 5:30pm I woke her up. Oh the agony!!! She screamed through her cereal, she cried through her squash, she wimpered through her bottle (notice--she still ate, nothing stops her appetite) and then finally she turned on the charm. We played for a couple hours and them back to bed by 8pm. Did it work? Yes and no. She slept less but the hours were better. We were up at 1, 3, and then 5:30 for good. But in the meantime, I was able to finish unpacking, do some more laundry, straighten the house. I even got to eat a real dinner (okay, I warmed one of my frozen casseroles but still!) and watch TV. So I fell asleep in the middle of Project Runway but I finished watching it at 3am.

Here are some pix from the trip and homecoming. I have a lot more still in the camera from the last two days which I will try to upload later (including some really cute pix from our meltdown last night--I know, I'm so mean!). I promise that trip info is forthcoming but first I need to catch up on some emails (and of course that depends on the princess who I now here stirring...short nap!).
Gotcha!!!!

I love the closeups! My first set of rings--never leave home without them.

Coming home from the airport. "Didn't mind the carseat since Uncle Chad left Cousin Madi's mirror in the car for me. I don't know who that girl is I'm staring at but she's pretty cute. And everytime I talk, she talks too!"

The first meeting of the cousins. Ebony & Ivory!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She couldn't be any more beautiful, Jill. What a doll. Can' wait to see more. Peace, Christy K. (CHI, mom to Ermias) :)

atHisrighthand said...

She is wonderful. It is so hard to adjust a baby's sleep schedule! Even if they are jet lag! Good luck with that. And one mother to another, I confess I have taken pics of my kids melt downs!
Take care and best wishes!
Elise

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Yeah for Pictures! She is absolutely adorable:)

Anonymous said...

Pretty baby, but who's that pale face woman? You are such a lucky woman, and we are such lucky grandparents. First we had the most beautiful granddaughter in the Americas, now we have the most beautiful granddauther from the African continent. And since we know the most beautiful girl from Asia, what's left? Europe? Todd? Diana? Russia maybe?

LISA said...

I can't see enough pictures! She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

she is totally TOO beautiful!! Nice that you are getting the sleep stuff figured out!