Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Up, Up, and Away!!!

I was going to wait until morning to post but I doubt I'll be able to type by then. I am so nervous it is starting to be funny. You know I'm anxious when I can't eat! Hopefully the nerves will dissapate after we get going. We are leaving for Dulles at noon which will put us in DC around 2:30-3:00. Our plane doesn't leave until 8:40pm but Mom doesn't want to drive in the dark in rush hour on the DC beltway--can't blame her for that! So we will have time to kill in the airport...time to fret and feel sick and to calm down and to get freaked all over again several times. I think that once I'm actually in the airport checked in, I'll calm down and start to focus ahead. Kind of like the point of no return--hahaha!

I'm not really scared of flying itself or traveling...I just like to stay at home where things are familiar and easy. Get that from my Mom! My Dad, however, revels in the unknown and the unfamiliar--thank goodness he is going with me!

Oh well, thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers. Keep them coming! I'll try to post if possible from Addis. No promises, but will make every attempt.

My Mom reminded me today that this is the day I have dreamed of...but actually Wednesday is the day I've dreamed of. Tomorrow is the day I've had nightmares about!!!!

Have a happy New Year's and think of us up in the air!!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Have a wonderful trip! I'll especially be thinking of you all on Wednesday!

Jane said...

Jill
My son and daughter-in-law have their referral for a little baby boy. His court date is Jan.3rd. Go and have a great time! Your making memories now!

Ted and Jill said...

Yeah! Have a great time....I cannot wait to be going myself! Say hi to the Kikstras and Bryants for us :)

Annie said...

In just a couple hours you leave...I am THRILLED for you, Jill! I'll be saying lots of prayers... (already am:) When nerves get the best of you today and tomorrow, remember Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me." Don't worry, when you think you can't, HE is more than able. Can't wait for Wednesday for you--
Love, Annie

Anita said...

Jill,
I'm praying for you & Dad as you make your way to Amari Roza. How exciting! She is a beautiful little girl! Soon the anxiety will be almost forgotten - when you receive that special little bundle from heaven, it will all be worthwhile. You're going to be a great mom!

Stacie said...

Jill,
We finally have our computer back up and running. I am so excited for you. This is the trip of your lifetime. We'll be thinking of you on Wed.
Forsbergs

mammab said...

Jill, you may remember me from the rescue squad. I have been following your blog for weeks now and am so thrilled for you! You will be a great mom. Amari is a very lucky little girl to be part of a wonderful Christian family and be coming to America! I will be thinking of you on this exciting journey. You are making memories that you will have forever. Please have a wonderful safe trip, say hello to your dad for me, and enjoy every minute! Can't wait to see the first pictures of you holding your beautiful little daughter! Blessings along the way!

mammab said...

Whoops! Meant to sign my name at the bottom - Betty Jordan - (also known as "mammab".

LISA said...

Jill,
Sending you blessings,and praying for a great trip for you!
Lisa :)

Chad & Lesa said...

We are thinking of you always and wishing you a safe wonderful trip. We can't wait for your return to meet our little neice.