Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas, Packing, Updates and other Stuff

So this post will probably be fairly long (but I'm putting in lots of pix!). If you missed the pictures I posted right before Christmas of Mari...be sure to scroll down to that post because she is GORGEOUS!! The Fricks just got home and emailed me to say that my daughter is called the "American" baby because she is packing on the pounds. Hmmm...we will look alike in one respect anyway!

Notice the update to the blog...wanted it to be a little more girly and yellow is my favorite color.

Christmas was great this year, Mari and I got lots of wonderful presents.

This is the rocking giraffe that my brother Chad and his wife Lesa gave us. I nicknamed it "Ginger."
This outfit is from my brother Todd and his wife Diana (the bib is from Chad & Lesa - they didn't coordinate this but they go perfectly together)...I LOVE the colors in this. It is 18 months so she will probably be able to wear it shortly! Dad got me a shop vac--sorry no picture, it is still in its box...saving that until I get home. I used one a couple months ago after Todd helped me build up my attic and it was so much fun!

I got an unbelievable quilt that my Mom made. She actually made one for each of us kids that represented our childhood (the boys' weren't nearly as cool as mine!). The center square is a piece of Christmas fabric from a dress she made me when I was about 9 years old (it was a Victorian dress with puffed sleeves and big bow in the back--I still have it!), the squares around it are nurses, candy, paper dolls (I still have my collection), Barbies, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, and Cabbage Patch Kids interspersed with the yellow and blue gingham that I love. (Good thing that all these items have made a come-back otherwise my quilt probably wouldn't have come out so cool). The back is flannel with little piggies--yet another collection I had as a kid. What an incredible gift--thanks MOM!

Here are some pix of the family during Christmas.

Me with my niece Madi watching my dog (who Madi thought was hilarious!).
Me with the hilarious Oliver who couldn't take the lack of attention anymore. Here are my parents together.
My brothers looking a little strange - but this is how they act all the time!
My sister-in-law Diana snuggling with our niece. Ahh!

Me and my sisters-in-law Lesa and Diana playing with the CandyLand game I got for Madi (she's a little young yet).

Todd getting upset that he is losing! And he did lose!


So Christmas was wonderful. But now down to the travel prep. Just 4 more days, I've nervous but almost ready. I'm packed (yes--I'm a nerd) except for a couple little last-minute additions. I did some repacking after the Fricks got home. Everyone keeps saying how the Ethiopian bundle up the kids so much that I hadn't packed ANYthing short-sleeved for Mari but Noelle said it does get quite warm in the afternoon. So that called for a couple additions. She also expressed a desperate need for cloth diapers, rubber pants, and kids meds. So I got 3 packs of cloth diapers (no more room!) and over 50 diaper pins but rubber pants are hard to find! I found 2 packs for 12 months...will look again tomorrow. Also some tylenol and motrin. I'm am almost out of room (can fit a couple little things in nooks and crannies) but I'm well under the poundage, so I'm in good shape. I am almost finished with the photo albums I'm taking (one for the HOH and one for Mari's mom), just need to add one more picture. I also finished printing off the mountain of paperwork I need (dossier copies, tax returns, itineraries, contact numbers) all in triplicates--one for carry on, one for each me and Dad to pack. Also printed off a lot of info for Mom to hold on to, as well as care sheets for all the pets...and on and on and on. I still have one more piece of paper to notarize because there was a spelling change I need to take care of.

So all that is left for the trip is my notebook (for writing notes to send to families waiting to travel--keeping a list of who wants to know what), my camera, my wallet, last minute things like pillow and hairbrush. I have to pack the dog up (after he gets a bath). I have to clean the house and un-decorate.

Mari's room is ready...I just need to take the beach towel off her crib and "pop" open the hamper when I get home (the cats like to play in it). I have blown up her cute little inflatable tub and need to rinse it out with baby soap. And I think that is really all.
I added a little detail to the entrance to her room. Making it official, Amari is coming home!!!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hi, Mommy! So excited for you. What a great post! Looks like you had such a nice time with your family....lots of fun and I am sure a good distraction for a few hours with everything else going on. I love Ginger and the outfits. The quilt is just beautiful!!! (Mental note: Save my daughter's clothing and oh, yeah, learn how to quilt :)
Glad that you're almost ready for your jounrey of a lifetime! You know, I'm praying lots for you!

Denise Bryant said...

Wow - you're way more organized than I am! See you Monday!

Mindy said...

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to "read" all the details!

LISA said...

Jill,I'm so excited for you!Just reading your blog makes it all feel like it will eventually happen for all of us!Make sure u give us more packing tips.I LOVE the quilt!!! I'll save the clothes, my M-I-L can quilt.Love the clothes for Amari, and the giraffe-i want one!

Denise Bryant said...

We're planning on swimming at the Hilton a couple of times, we'll have to figure out how to communicate with you when we're able to do that!

Deedra Lynn said...

Hope you have a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear the details and see some more pics of your cutie!

Children's Hope International said...

I've been out of the office for Christmas without the internet, came back today to read this in my e-mail from Yahoo,

"When Jennifer moved my blog to the travel section of CHI's blog, I nearly screamed."

I love it!!

The pictures of your daughter are precious. Have a wonderful time in Ethiopia! Thinking of both you and Amari...

Jennifer N.