Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Phooey!

Well, by the lack of pictures here, you can guess that court did not go as I would have hoped. Once again the final paperwork from MOWA did not make it to court in time. Apparently the missing papers from the orphanage made it to MOWA but then no further. So we are set for next Tuesday, December 11th. Let's hope that things will fall into place by then.

So yesterday and today have NOT been good days. The first court delay was disappointing but I was not surprised by it. I was really hopeful for this one...I was more angry than anything. Then, thanks to some very unnecessary "office politics" at work last night, I was in tears most of the night. Very hard to work 12 hours, focusing on other's needs when you haven't had a chance to work out your own. Thankfully it was snowing when I got off this morning (I love snow!) and I was able to take a hot bath and go to bed to wallow in self-pity.

So after a day of sadness and a long phone call from Sharon (CHI's Ethiopia director), I'm in a better frame of mind. I have dealt with the blow and moved on. I'm not going to deal with the work issues...they were not my problem, just aimed at me so I'm putting them behind me and moving on. But I can't wait for maternity leave!!!

So now I'm going to focus on the good things to come out of this (instead of the negatives--the fact that Amari will not be home for Christmas, that she will probably outgrow all the clothes I have for her, that she will be driving by the time she comes home--hahaha!).

  1. I will be home with my family for Christmas!
  2. I can decorate for Christmas since I will be able to take it down before I leave so the cats don't tear the tree apart while I'm gone.
  3. There are more flights available, not necessarily cheaper but more to choose from.
  4. There is a good chance I will be in Ethiopia for THEIR Christmas, which will be an unbelieveable experience.
  5. The longer I work, the more maternity leave I will have.
  6. The further away travel plans are, the further away my maternity leave is, making my need for daycare further away. Maybe we can get through cold/flu and bad weather season before placing Amari in daycare.

I'm sure there are more positives...those are the big ones and the ones I'm focusing on. I'm going to start decorating tonight. I will probably leave the tree for the weekend but I can put out the stockings and other decorations. I will also finish Christmas shopping soon and I am planning on doing some baby shopping this weekend for the few necessities I still need.

I'll keep everyone posted with anything new and I promise I will post pix and details of my baby shower from last Sunday; it was wonderful, I've just been distracted the last few days. I'll also post Christmas decoration pix...cheery posts to make up for these sad ones.

5 comments:

LISA said...

I know i posted on the CHI email,but I'm so sorry your court didn't go through today.Not that YOU'RE supposed to supply it,(lol) but i needed good news today!Keeping you in our prayers!

Annie said...

WOW, Jill, I am so impressed with your positive attitude and looking at the bright side of this yucky situation. You are to be admired for showing such grace in this "valley" along the journey of bringing Amari home! I am sure it can't be easy. Thinking of you---You know I'll keep praying....for your court date next week and for your spirits to remain as up as possible.

Stacie said...

Oh, so sad. We'll keep on praying for you Jill
Forsbergs

gigglechirp said...

Jill - we continue to send love and hugs your way.

Being in ETH for their holiday would be so very cool!!! someday I hope we are there for it, too!

Mamush and Jenni

Stacie said...

You're so good to focus on some positives. This has to be hard and my heart goes out to you! Praying for the next date to be successful!!
Stacie D.