Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Travel Plans and Amari Sightings!!

Travel Plans:


I'm still waiting on confirmation of my Embassy appt (set for Jan 3rd). Sharon said I should know definitely next week but that there should not be any problems with this date. So we are planning on flying out of Dulles the evening of December 31st and we will be home early morning Jan 9th, flying Ethiopian Air. I will get to spend Christmas at home with my family but I will get to spend Ethiopian Christmas (Jan 7) IN Ethiopia with my daughter!!! How cool is that?? Don't worry, I give everyone a blow-by-blow on celebrating in Ethiopia since there seems to be a lack of info on the subject. I will also get to spend New Years over the ocean (hopefully not IN the ocean!!!).


Also going at the same time, the Reese's (sorry--no blog!) who are adopting twin girls through my agency so we plan on spending a lot of time together. Our daughters are from the same orphanage and have been at the HOH (House of Hope) together since September. They are flying the 30th but will return on the same flight. The Kikstras are flying over and back on the same flights but are with a different agency, so hopefully we will get to see each other in between!



Amari Sightings:


So I have some updates on my little sweetie (and pix!). Beth is in Ethiopia right now meeting her little girl and she emailed me with an update. I loved on Roza this morning. Oh Jill she is absolutey beautiful. Beth says she weighs 7 kg now (which is 15.4 #) and wears size 12 months. I'm hoping this size is a little off (or maybe not US sizing) because all my 12 month clothes say 21+ pounds. So I'm taking 9 month clothes and praying they fit!! I'll take a few bigger items and I'm taking all the smaller ones (I'll just leave behind everything that doesn't fit).


The McConomy's came home last week and Michelle emailed me to tell me that Amari Roza is the Gerber baby of Ethiopia. Ahhhhh!!!


When Sharon called me about my court date on Tuesday, she said that Tsegay said my daughter is "strong." She thinks he means that she is doing well and seems to avoid all the little viruses that have swept through the HOH (just like anywhere you find lots of kids in one place). Apparently she is very healthy!! Good News!!


Mumblerrr sent me pictures they took while they were there at Thanksgiving!! So scroll on down for some pix. But be forewarned...the baby you are about to see has grown!!!! She now has squeezable cheeks and no hair!! I think maybe they shaved it?? She is still adorable and check out those eyes!!!

Beth promised some pix that she will email me when she gets home, so maybe more coming next week!!! Yea!!

9 comments:

The Journey said...

Gorgeous! She is absolutely beautiful. How exciting that you'll be there during the Ethiopian celebration of Christmas, we can't wait to hear details!

Julianne said...

How awesome! Those pictures are great, and you get to experience an Ethiopian Christmas! How cool!! Now you will know how they celebrate it and can do it with Amari in the future!! I'm so excited!! She has definitely grown!!!

kikstra said...

Oh, she's adorable, I can't wait to see her, and meet you!

Annie said...

Jill, Amari is so so beautiful! How great that you have these photos to encourage you until you can be there! It is wonderful that you can be there for the Ethiopian Christmas....see, how God works everything out perfectly!!

Julie said...

She is sooo cute! It must be very difficult to be at this stage, to have your child so far away and just having to wait!
Julie

Stacie said...

She's so beautiful! Yay for traveling families! She definitely looks very healthy!! :)
I bet your 9 mos. stuff will fit fine - remember I said that they dress the babies in bigger clothes? I'd guess that is why she is wearing 12 mos. stuff. Micah is around 19 lbs. and just moved into 12 mos clothes! Some of his 9 mos. still fit!!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! I'm so excited for you. Take lots of pics and share, share, share

www.meidyncomehome.blogspot.com

Bill McConomy said...

With Christmas around the corner, you will be flying in no time! Best wishes on your travels.

LISA said...

She is so pretty!