Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 2, 2007

Planning, planning, planning...

Sorry I haven't blogged in a little while. Just been busy doing a little of everything. Nothing new on the adoption process. It has been 4 weeks since my referral and I'm still waiting on a court date. Ugh...so tired of waiting. Check out Mumblerr website...they sailed through court on Monday and are looking forward to traveling Thanksgiving week to meet their new daughter and son. Check out the pix--such cutie pies!

On my end, I've been working hard at getting everything done that needs to happen before baby time. Over the weekend, I did some re-arranging and packing away of some breakables. I didn't have to put away nearly as many things as I thought. A little reorganizing gave me some room on some top shleves to display stuff. I even ended up with 3 shelves free on my entertainment center (plenty of room for kids toys, books, videos, etc.). I baked, vacuum-sealed, and froze 5 casseroles this weekend (2 pizza casseroles, 1 baked ziti, 2 chicken casseroles) so I'll have food ready when I get home. I still plan to make some muffins and some pumpkin-walnut loaves to freeze.

Mowed the yard, fixed my gate, put away the grill, cleaned the mower, stored the hose away. Still need to weed-eat (augh--my LEAST favorite chore). I think sealing the deck will have to wait until spring because the temps are now too low to use the sealer. Oh well, the rest of the outside of the house is good for winter.

I also started childproofing cabinets and drawers (that was a bigger pain than I thought it would be--took longer than I thought). I figured that by the time I get home, Amari will be close enough to becoming mobile that I won't want to have to worry about child-proofing and watching her at the same time.

I visited another day care center yesterday. It opens at 6am which gives me much more flexibility in the mornings and is brand new (all new toys, cribs, everything). It is still a toss-up between this one and the other one I had picked out. I will probably go ahead with this one...it opens earlier and is a little closer. I plan to move Amari closer to my work once she is in preschool (many more preschools around than infant care!) so I really need to focus on the baby end and not worry much about the structured preschool part at this point.

Still a lot of stuff to get done but I'm getting a lot accomplished and hopefully I'll soon have a date. I work much better with a deadline.

4 comments:

The Journey said...

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you and hope your travel date is confirmed asap! You're so far ahead of us on "winter proofing" the house and yard - go you!

Kathryn said...

All that work has me tired!

Deedra Lynn said...

Wow! You are one busy mama! You'll be glad, though, when she comes that you have so much already done so you can slow down and just enjoy your daughter! Here's to those court dates for us!!!
~Deedra

Decade 4.0 said...

So glad I'm not the only one feeling like a crazy woman trying to get everything ready! You are putting me to shame, though, with your food prep!
Keep my fingers crossed for that court date to come soon!

christi