Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas or Birthday?

So I have bought Amari a few gifts. Not that she really needs any considering everything she is getting when she comes home, including a room that will be FILLED with all kinds of baby stuff. But those are all "every-day baby" things. I wanted to get her actual "presents." The question is...will they be for Christmas or her 1st birthday (which is supposed to be in March).


So here is what I've bought so far. E is for Ethiopia is a book that does the alphabet (the English alphabet A-Z) with pictures of typical parts of Ethiopian life for each letter. The pictures are very nice and it has a nice rhyming text.
Cafepress.com has become one of my favorite places to shop and they have some new stuff. I found this great onesie that is so cute. I bought the 12 month version so she will have time to grow into it. In case you can't read it well...it says "Pretty cute and Ethiopian."
Also from cafepress I got a Poster that I will frame for in her room. Again, if you can't read it well...it says "There's nowhere on earth I wouldn't go to bring you home to me." Tissues, please!
The other great find is a DVD that is preschool beginning language video that is only in Amharic. Tsehai is a giraffe that has a very cute sing-songy approach to learning letters and such. Check out the website to watch a sample video. Too bad there is no translation available but it will still be fun for her to watch (and to hear her native tongue--which is beautiful BTW).


So here's to hoping they will be Christmas gifts!! Let it be "Amari" Christmas (get it?? A Merry Christmas??). Actually Amari is pronounced with two soft "a"s but it is still kind of funny. BTW, Ethiopia doesn't celebrate Christmas until Jan. 7 so I have a little extra time to make it before Christmas.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Jill, what great gifts those are. I have also put the Ethiopia print on my list. I am going to have my friend frame it and just buy the print. My t-shirt (I'm expecting a little girl from Ethiopia) just arrived on Monday. I love cafe press, too, thanks to one of the awesome blogs along the way, but I need to limit what I spend...after all, I'll be putting my $ elsewhere shortly :)
How exciting for you to have all of her new stuff! How great it will be to give them to her all for Christmas..yes, let's think positively :)

Kristina said...

Oooh! I love those books. We have one of Kentucky and they have such great pictures. Amari will enjoy seeing pictures of familiar things when she comes home. Here's pulling for Christmas!

I like the way you're willing to compromise on when Christmas it. That's a help!

LISA said...

I hope you have Amari home for Christmas!(COOL GIFTS!)