Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 16, 2007

Quick Update

So plans are in high gear...let's just pray that court has a positive outcome next week.

I contacted a travel agent over the last couple of days and set up some very tentative dates and accommodations. This travel agency has experience in both adoption travel and Ethiopian travel...a major plus. I have been given ballpark figures on both airfare and hotel prices. The airfare is a little higher than what I had hoped but I may be traveling very close to the holidays so it is understandable (and unavoidable!). Overall, my estimations were fairly close!

I also met with my pediatrician this am. I was not able to get in with the one I wanted because he had no openings for quite some time so I settled for one of his colleagues (who happens to be my niece's pediatrician and Chad and Lesa love her!). It happened to be another example of how things happen for a reason. Her cousin (who is single) just adopted a little girl from Ethiopia this past summer! Wow! So my pediatrician knew a lot of what I figured I would need to explain. She was more than willing to write prescriptions for not only antibiotics, but also for scabies and worm meds. She also said she would let me know if she thought of others to add. She was totally okay with the possibility of using benadryl on the return trip if Amari got majorly fussy. She was also very helpful about nutritional questions I had and suggested that I take some small finger foods (like Cheerios) because she said that sometimes the feeding habits in facilities tend to "mature" the kids eating preferences. She said that if Amari has started any solid/finger foods, that this would be a helpful distraction on the way home. Hmmm...new angle I hadn't thought about (food is always a good distraction for me).

So that is the update. Family coming in tonight to visit, baby shower tomorrow!!! Will post pix!!! Also having a work baby shower on December 2. Major excitement. This weekend is all about relaxing and enjoying myself and not worrying about lists or things to do or the upcoming court date (yeah right! I'll still be worrying about that!). Ahhh! Now I have to get some sleep...worked all night and have been up almost 24 hours. Need to catch a few winks before company arrives!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Congrats! It has been so exciting to watch you progress in the process. I wish you the best of luck with your court date(and not worrying :)) and can't wait to see pics!
Love you,
Sally

LISA said...

Jill, enjoy your weekend! You deserve it! But MOnday, I want to hear about the travel agenda!

Annie said...

Jill, I just sent you an email that you don't need to answer...I'm sorry, I forgot you'd have family in. I hope you have a beautiful shower :) It was so neat hearing about meeting with the doctor....as I read it, it is becoming so much more real! How cool! Can't wait for an update of your shower! Have a wonderful time :)

Stacie said...

YAY! Happy Baby Shower!