Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

COURT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a court date!! Yes, you read that right...I have a court date. Court is set for November 23, aka the best shopping day of the year!!! Thanksgiving is going to be major nerve-racking this year!

I'm cautiously optimistic...several of the latest families to go to court have not made it through on the first try (for different reasons--all things that had to be fixed on the Ethiopian end). So I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

When do I go? No clue yet. The way things are supposed to happen (depending on how court goes)...travel should be roughly 3 weeks or so after a successful court date!!

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to try to get some sleep because I have to work tonight!


***Update, received another email from Sharon (the director of the Ethiopia Program). Embassy dates are USUALLY scheduled for 3 weeks after a successful court date, always on a Wednesday. Which would put us at about December 19th. Since we go from Saturday to Sunday, that would mean leaving on the 15th and getting home on the 23rd!!!!!!!!!***

BTW--I had reset my registries to reflect a new due date of December 15th shortly after receiving my referral in October. I might be pretty close (thanks for pointing that out Deborah!!!).

8 comments:

Chad & Lesa said...

That means Mari might be home for Christmas....yeah!!!

Julianne said...

That is so great! I am so excited for you! I really hope she is home for Christmas! I already bought her present, so she better be there!!! YAY!!!!

Annie said...

I am praying that the best Christmas gift this year is having your beautiful daughter home with you!!! How exciting!!!!

Karen said...

That's great! I hope your court date goes well, and that you'll bring your little cutie home by Christmas!!!

Stacie said...

YAY! OH SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I hope she's home by Christmas!!

Stacie said...

Oh - and I had to change my due date on my registries too (my first "due date" ended up being my shower!) and I changed it to my birthday - and we were in Ethiopia then. Funny.

The Journey said...

This is so amazing, we're so happy for you and your family!

Stacie said...

This is so wonderful. I hope we get to travel shortly after you do. Thanks for the travel packet update. I emailed Sharon today and hopefully I will get it soon.