Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, July 15, 2007

What a weekend!

Wow, I didn't know I could get so much done in one weekend and still feel rested. After spending Friday with family (see previous post), I played with my MP3 player until about 2am. I was back up at 7am (thanks to Ollie!) so we took a LONG walk around the neighborhood--tested out the portability of my MP3. Then I decided to clean out the garage. The garage has been in sorry shape since before Christmas and was really a disaster after cleaning out Ollie's room to make the nursery. My two car garage could barely fit one. Now it looks so great--and there is now room for two cars (although that senario is about 16 years away unless by some miracle I find a husband!). My trash men are not going to be happy tomorrow!

After that, Mom and I went shopping. I priced diapers at Costco--not enough of a savings to make it worth the gas but I'll keep my eye on it. I did buy some more baby clothes there (they have Carter's at really great prices). Finally, someone is carrying fall/winter stuff. I got a couple long-sleeved playsuits with cuffed ankles and 2 very heavy fleece sleepers...the one for 12 months has non-slip feet! Which means walking age! It so hard to judge sizes right now but at least with sleepers and playsuits you can use them in any weather--just layer them, etc. Even the heavy sleepers will work in the summer with the AC going. Yes...I'm rationalizing again!

After shopping, I came home and blew up my MP3 player--don't know what happened, but it stopped working. After several hours of frustration, I just took a nap. Got up, barbecued a steak, ate dinner and read. My brother Todd and his wife Diana came over at 9:30 to try to fix my MP3. After over an hour, we finally tried tech support. They were actually very quick and very helpful. After finally figuring out what was wrong (actually we just determined that the player was kaput), I had to reformat the player and now it works great. I have already downloaded one book to it (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--"comfort reading") and 181 songs.

Today, I got up and went to Wal-Mart. I spent way too much money but what else is new. I'm starting to get ready for travel (I know--a little early but I don't want to have to buy everything at the last minute). I got a charger for my MP3, a universal adapter, and a carrying case that will hold my camera, my MP3, my cell phone, and all the cords that go with these.

Now I'm washing clothes, just finished baking cookies, have chicken marinating for supper. The only thing left on the agenda besides finishing the laundry is scrubbing the bathroom--ugh! All in all a very productive weekend but it is only 3:30 in the afternoon...still time for another nap!

Hopefully this week will be a busy one for my dossier...should head to DC tomorrow and hopefully will return quickly!

Here are some new pix of my niece Madi.

2 comments:

gigglechirp said...

DANG, girl!! good for you! I'm tired just readin' your email :)

have a great week!
Jenni

Stacie said...

whew!!

Your niece is adorable!!

If you doss is going to DC this week, then there is a chance it could be back and go to Ethiopia by the end of the week right? That will be cause for celebration!!