Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Waiting...

My dossier made it to Lindsay on Tuesday. She found one mistake (I won't go into it because it would take me 2 hours to explain it) but hopefully we can get it fixed quickly and easily without any delay (they are working on it in St. Louis). Yes, that is right...Lindsay sent my dossier on to St. Louis (the main CHI branch) for them to check. They were supposed to get it on Thursday and since I haven't heard anything, I'm hoping everything is kosher. Hopefully sometime next week it will make it's way to D.C. I'm guessing that my dossier may make it to Ethiopia by the end of the month, maybe sooner. Then I wait for a referral. I need to call and make an appt to get my shots and start working on my house. The nursery is close to being ready but I need to rearrange some cabinets to acommodate baby bottles and little bowls, etc. I also need to review the house for some child proof issues. I'll save the washing of crib sheets and clothes (all that kind of thing) until I have a referral.

Oh...and the name. I want to narrow my choices down to about 3 or 4 and then once I have a referral, I'll be able to choose. Everytime I try to narrow it down, I just add more to the list. Current front-runners include Amaya, Elena, Gabrielle (Gabby), Isabelle (Izzy), Bethany, and Emily (Emmie). We'll see.

Got to spend some time with my niece Madison (after a 3 week hiatus thanks to a busy work schedule and a contagious virus) yesterday and today. She is almost 5 weeks old and really getting a personality now. She is so pretty! I'll post pix soon. I am upgrading to DSL today so pictures will be a lot faster to upload to post.

Picked up more overtime this weekend...my schedule has gotten so messed up at work (supposed to work every third weekend and I've worked 10 out of 12) so I figured I might as well work on my one weekend off! Can't pass up the money right now...might as well pack it in while I can. Money is definitely becoming an issue the further along in the process I get (come on tax time!). I have applied for a couple grants...not holding my breath but figured it couldn't hurt to try! I have also stopped eating out (to the tune of about $100 month--which is sad considering I enjoy cooking!) and have stopped buying Coke. I know....everyone just had a heart attack! I figured out I was spending at least $20 a week in Coke products! That will buy enough diapers for a week. So, no more Coke! So sad!

That is the update for now.

2 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Hi Jill! Great news - I like all the name options - that will be a tough choice - we still don't have it narrowed down even that much!

good wishes,
Jenni

Stacie said...

Those names are all beautiful! Love them all, so I'm no help. :) Congrats on your dossier moving along - I hope the issue gets resolved and it is off to DC and then to Ethiopia very soon.

Did you replace coke with something else - like Vess Cola or something!? If not, that's quite a feat! Good luck with the grants - you never know!