Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New purchases

Here are my latest purchases...I got this great little playsuit at Cracker Barrell (who would have thought?) and I think it sums everything up perfectly. If you can't read it...it says "Hi, I'm New Here."

My brother and sister-in-law, with their new-found wisdom as first time parents, suggested that I start buying diapers or wipes every time I go to Wal-Mart. So with the help of some coupons that were about to expire and some great sales at Wal-Mart and K-Mart, I bought some diapers and wipes at close to half price. I bought sizes that were a little big because I didn't want to buy diapers that were too small.

I also bought these great disposable washclothes (another great coupon) that will be wonderful for the trip to the other side of the world.


In other news, another family received a referral today. The only thing we were told is that is was a referral for a sibling group (an infant and a toddler). Either the parents are not part of our chat group or they are laying low to tie their loose ends together. I can understand... when I get my referral, I will share it with my immediate family before I post (but don't worry fellow bloggers--I won't wait too long...at most an hour or two!). I also can understand that the family may not be on our chat group for their own reasons and our adoption agency has a committment to confidentiality. So while we are all dying to hear from the new parents and see pix, we may never hear anything. And that may be the way they want it. But hopefully it is just someone laying low for a day or two. Hopefeully there will be more referrals in the coming days.

No word on my dossier yet. Hopefully it will go to DC soon. Lindsay has been out of the office since Thursday so I haven't heard anything. But if there was a problem, I think someone from the St. Louis branch would have let me know since that is where my dossier is. So I'm hoping it is headed out soon!

3 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Jill - cute outfit and good idea re: diapers, etc!

It'll all come together soon!!
We must get you some glitter stuff (see my blog)

later,
Jenni

Stacie said...

I love the short-sie! (That's what I'm calling the onesie/shortie looking things - I'm sure they have a real name, but I'm new to this mom thing, so they're shortsies for now :)
Let us know when you get word on you dossier!

Mamato2 said...

Yes, yes, buy diapers, buy wipes! I got sooo much of this stuff at my shower (on purpose) and am loving that I still have a whole drawer full and we have been back home nearly 2 months already. But FYI, all this stuff is available in Ethiopia so if not room to carry it, no worries. :)
Blessings,
L.