Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Heaps of clothes and big dogs

Nothing new on the adoption front. Dossier is still in DC although Lindsay said it should be back on Monday (fingers crossed!). Then it will head out to Ethiopia! I called and made my appt with the Health Department for August 3rd. I'm thinking about changing it though...maybe checking out the UVA Travel Clinic. Several of the docs at work recommended trying it, they specialize in international disease-ology (yeah, I made that word up!). The nurse at the Health Dept was not nice on the phone. She was more worried about which side of the dividing line I lived on so she could bum me off on another district. Then she informed me that I had to get "everything." Sorry...but I'm only getting a couple of the recommended shots. I am getting the yellow fever shot; it is not required but I've heard that occasionally you will be given one when you get off the airplane if the receiving officials feel it's necessary. I'd rather get it before I go. Most of the others are low risk so I'll discuss it with the docs before I proceed.



This is what my house looked like on Thursday night. My friend Deborah (Kaili's mom--see blog on right) brought over "some clothes" for me and my sister-in-law to have. After 3 hours of sorting and repacking, I can confidently say that neither my daughter nor my niece will need any clothes for quite some time. In the garage is a rubbermaid full of 24 month/2T, another even larger container full of 18 months, and also one full of 6-9 and 12 months. The 6-9 and 12 month clothes are sitting in the nursery waiting on my sister-in-law Lesa to come over and go through with me. There was everything from playclothes to dresses, snowsuits and swimsuits, boots and shoes and socks! She also brought me a diaper genie and some toys, books, bottles, and an infant carrier (something that will definitely come in handy for the trip!).

She also bought me this great giraffe artwork piece as a present. I'm thinking I may actually hang it beside the door leading into the nursery. Thanks Deborah!!

My friend Shannon came over Saturday evening for a few minutes before I went to work. She brought one of her Great Danes (Josie) for Ollie-dog to meet. This is the first time that I ever saw him truly intimidated. Of course, he's never seen a dog that is taller than my grill! My cats were also quite spooked...which is unusual for them. Mickey usually hides under the bed and Sam climbs as high as he can...they just sat and looked at Josie--never hid, just sat there with their fur puffed up. Here is a great picture of Josie and Ollie...I think Ollie was confused and didn't really believe Josie was the same species. Or maybe it was because he could reach her butt to sniff and he doesn't understand anything that he can "sniff-test."

By the way...Josie is super well-behaved and it was very cool being able to pet a dog without leaning over!

Hopefully, I'll have more news to post in the next couple of days! I'll keep you "posted!"

3 comments:

gigglechirp said...

sounds like fun! that is great re: the clothes!

Can't wait to hear about ya doing a "dossier to Ethiopia dance"!!!

:)
Jenni

Stacie said...

Don't you just love hand-me-downs!! And that giraffe is just beautiful! What an amazing gift!

Chad & Lesa said...

I can't wait to go through all the clothes!!! Thanks Deborah!