Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

Rainbows and baby blankets

Here is a picture of a rainbow I took the other day (actually, if you look closely enough, it was a TRIPLE rainbow). The colors were SO vibrant, which the camera does not do justice. The weather was so strange...it gully-washed for over an hour but the sun was out and here was this unbelievable rainbow. So, I'm standing in the pouring rain, barefooted, it had dropped 20 degrees, I was freezing and wet, trying to figure out how to use the panorama feature on my new camera (maybe I should practice INSIDE), and trying not to fall down the driveway. So the picture doesn't line up great but you get the idea...it was unreal. Here are the ends of the rainbow that better show the colors!













Here is a beautiful quilt my mom made me. She is an incredible seamstress (used to make all my clothes) and this is a new project for her...it is so pretty and soft and matches the nursery perfectly. Again...pictures can't do it justice!



Here is a great picture of fat Sam. Not to leave out the other animals but I loved this picture. I'm not sure what he is looking at, but he is awake in this picture...very rare state of being for him!

4 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Awesome pics of the rainbows! and whatta lovley blanket. Love the animals on it.

I bet the rainbow pics will help along this road - they are uplifting, hopeful and cheery--- good meditation photo, I bet!

Abby said...

Hi! My name is Abby & our family is in the process of adopting two boys from Ethiopia. We are just getting started.

I would love the links to the lifebook/adoption scrapbooks & your necklace. My best friend is adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia & I would love to get that for her as a gift.

Best wishes during your adoption!

Stacie said...

That quilt is so cute! You'll have to post pics of the whole room so we can see it all together.

Jill said...

To answer Abby's questions...I got the necklace from www.emkpress.com - this is a publishing company that specializes in adoption literature (including children's book, although they are cheaper on amazon than directly from them). The necklace can be gotten with silver chain or black leather strap and each one comes with a nice little poem (either for boy or girl) - these poems can be viewed on their website.

The scrapbooks came from an ebay dealer but they are a popular brand - Colorbok Strappy brag book. They have lots of different colors and different words embroidered on the straps.