Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Lucky Charm - I hope!

Here is a picture of the necklace I ordered and received in the mail yesterday. The three symbols on it represent the different facets of adoption. The sun is for the birthmother who gave the child life, the heart is for the adoptive mother who will forever love the child, and the star in the middle is for the child who connects them. I have mine on right now and hopefully everytime I need a little pick-me-up...I can touch it and remember what this journey is all about. I also bought two more to carefully store away. One will be given to my daughter on a special day when she is mature enough and interested enough to understand the symbolism. I will also take one with me to Ethiopia if I think there is any chance of meeting the birth mother (that is, if she is alive and known). Sometimes this is an option and I think it would be wonderful to give her a small thank you gift for her amazing sacrifice.

1 comments:

Stacie said...

Jill - that's beautiful! I have been thinking lately about meeting birth mom, and what could I possible give her to convey how I'm feeling... then I checked your site and you've already got that taken care of! (I told you that you move fast :) I'm really going to start thinking about it, but thanks for sharing your idea!
Stacie