Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hurry up and wait!

So this week has been a little frustrating. My references still have not made it to Richmond! So much for express mail--I'm officially done with the United States Post Office. From now on it is UPS or FedEx (which I was planning on using for the important stuff anyway). My home study is ready except those references and as soon as I have it in my hands, I'll send one to Immigration. I have everything else done (still have a couple things to notarize--but they are done otherwise). I got my officially notarized police clearance in the mail today. So all that is left is the homestudy and the magic 171H form.

Chad and Lesa still have not had their baby! Lesa is absolutely miserable and I wish she would hurry up (so does she!). So any day now, I'll be an aunt! She has a doctor's appt this am, so we'll see. I think they are as ready as they can be...is anyone ever ready? I know I won't be!

I do have a new family member to report. My cousin Christy had a baby girl on May 14th, her name is Callie. She has an older brother named Logan who is 3. I have not met the new little one yet, they live in KY and it will probably be a while before I can go down. But congrats to all of them!

Not much else to report. Bought some new clothes this week for the baby (JC Penney's was having a sale--when are they not?); I got a bunch of bodysuits and onesies--essentials! Also bought some more books this week. Anyone that lives in VA or WV should check out the Green Valley Book Fair. It is open several times a year for a couple weeks at a time. They have a huge building (actually 2) that are full of books of every kind. They are very inexpensive and usually in pretty good shape. I bought quite a few little board books and a cloth book (for travel--easy to pack and easy to carry on the plane). Check out www.gvbookfair.com

Well, that is all for now. No more meltdowns as of yet. If my homestudy doesn't get done soon, I'll go crazy.

5 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Jill - Hang in there! It will happen -- I totally understand. The references and employment letters had me drinking!

Sounds like you picked up some good stuff. It is so FUN! I'm hoping to get some plain white onesies and decorate them for a fun "waiting" project soon.

Jenni
Spfld, IL

Stacie said...

I am laughing at Jenni's comment above about the drinking! I can relate- but it was blurry notary stamps that sent me over the edge.
:)

I hope the references get there soon- I know you're anxious for this all to be finished and I'm anxious for you too!

Stacie

Stacie said...

Jill - just saw your comment over at my blog... and I'm in tears again. :) Thanks!

Stacie

Stacie said...

P.S. I meant good tears this time!

gigglechirp said...

We need stock in Puffs from all the frustrating and happy tears! :)