Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Busy Day and Baby Names

Today was a busy day. After I got off work this morning, I waited around for HR to open so I could pick up my employment letter (version #4--think it's right this time!). Then I went home and tried to sleep, planning on getting up around noon and getting to work. Couldn't sleep, too much to get done. So I went to the doctor's and picked up my letter (version #2--VA no longer abbreviated!) and then on to Mom's office. One of her co-workers, Jeff, has been my wonderful and patient notary. We signed and notarized the rest of my documents (all without the abbreviation VA!) and then I copied everything to send on to Lindsay at CHI. I then went to the UPS store and expressed my homestudy to CIS (Immigration) and my homestudy and copies of everything else to Lindsay. Then it was off to get my hair cut, buy new shoes, and get my passport photos for my dossier. The only glitch was that the photo place had forgot to put photo paper in the printer and then the toner ran out...they said it would be over an hour to get it all together. Since it was already 1pm and I was flagging, I decided to go home to bed and I'll pick the photos up on Saturday.

CIS should get the packet tomorrow and Lindsay gets hers on Monday. Hopefully everything will be okay with my documents and I can send them off to the Secretary of State next week for certification (I still have one more reference letter to grab first--it's written, just need notarized and put in my hands!). Once those certifications are done, I just sit and wait on my I-171H (the "magic form") from Immigration, copy and notarized and send that to the SOS for certification. Then the dossier will be done!

So that's the paperwork update. On the homefront, Lesa has a doctor's appt in the am and hopefully they will decide it's time for baby! I'm so ready to be an aunt. Lesa's mom flew in today, so they are officially ready for baby day. I have to work 3p-3a tomorrow, so hopefully I can sneak up on my lunch break and play with a baby (I hope!).

Naming the baby--wow, what a project! Mom gave me another website to look at today...not too many new ones but some had different meanings than I have seen. My daughter will keep her given name as the middle name but I'm not sure about the first name. I've always like Emily, but somehow it just doesn't seem to fit. My favorites are Amara, Amira, Amaya, Emma or Emmie, Abigail, Kylee or Mylee (unsure how I would actually end up spelling these). I also like Addison and Madeline--but these probably won't work because my niece will be named Madison so it will be too confusing to have a Maddie and an Addie or two Maddies. By next week, I'll have a whole different list of names. Let me know your favorites!

3 comments:

Bruce: said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacie said...

I love all those names! We were thinking about Amare for a boy, but people think it sounds too girlie. But, I love the feminine of that - Amara.

Congrats on getting everything to CIS! Now you'll be stalking the mailbox until it arrives. :)

Stacie

Julianne said...

Love all the names; esp. Kylee. We were going to name Brendan Malari, but not such a good fit for a boy!!