Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Light at the end of the paper tunnel....

I just got off the phone with my SW Beth. She was double-checking everything she needed to send me for my dossier. MY HOMESTUDY IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have it in my hands in the next couple of days. Then it is super-shipped to Immigration where it is met by another round of waiting (they said 8-9 weeks but they have been overestimating in all the other states so I'm hoping VA is exaggerating too). All I have left is my magic Immigration form. I'm going to copy all my paperwork and send to Lindsay at CHI to review...if she says they are okay, I have a couple to get notarized and then off to the State capital for certification. That way, when the form comes from Immigration, I can zip it off to the capital for certification, they can zip it back and I'll be done. That huge pile of documents have been whittled down...it's almost done. Then the real panic attacks can start! Plane rides (augh!!!!), money, childcare, diapers...what have I gotten myself into???????????????

2 comments:

Stacie said...

YAY!!! Such good news!

Yep, every step brings new things to worry about, but in a happy way! :)
Stacie

gigglechirp said...

Congrats! I wanted to dance every time I had something notarized, approved or sent!

trying to think "Hakuna Matata," but it sure is hard,
Jenni