Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thanks!

Thanks for all the well-wishes from everyone and thanks from everyone at work that has offered their help...it means a lot. Today was the best I've felt for a couple weeks. Still need naps more frequently than Mari does but I'm a little more coherent in between. Even managed to get the laundry done, not folded but done...so I now have clean clothes to wear (thank goodness I love lounge pants, flannel PJs, etc because that is what I've been living in and I have lot of them).

The house is still a wreck but I'll get to it eventually. It's funny that I used to make a list of everything I wanted to get done in one day (laundry, vacuuming, changing the bed linens, etc.) and now I'm picking one task per day to try to conquer. Today was laundry, tomorrow I might venture to Wal-Mart (might being the key word in this phrase).

I have been fever-free for 24 hours now (well, if you consider 100 fever-free, which I do now). I have not thrown up for 2 days and I am down to taking a quarter of a tablet of phenergan...just enough to settle my stomach without knocking me out. Did I mention that I despise Sprite now? And orange Jello is getting old?

And guess what...Coke still tastes bad. Not sure why I ever liked it to begin with. Just wish that someone could have pointed this out without me having to get mono to kick the Coke habit. So sad, Coca-Cola will probably go bankrupt without my support!

Now if I could get rid of the ever-present throbbing headache (probably from not drinking a 6-pack of Coke everyday), I'd be on the upswing. Hopefully another good night's rest and I'll wake up headache free--trying to be optimistic.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

O, how awful; I hope Mari doesn't catch it! I wish you a speedy recovery. That is possible; I had mono in college and the doctor said he never saw anyone get over it as fast as I did. That was way too many years ago, so I don't remember it much, so no advice to give you. Just get lots of rest, which is nearly impossible with a little one, but hopefully you have a great support system to help lift off soe of the responsibility off of you. Get better soon!

Chad & Lesa said...

Again...I didn't realize just how sick you were, so sorry. Everytime I saw or spoke to you it didn't seem bad. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Get some rest. Let us know if you need anything at all!!

Julianne said...

So glad you're feeling better!! Sorry I can't come and take care of you!! I'm sure the Coca-Cola company is beginning to suffer already! Want to switch to Ale8??