Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The test results are in...

NO MALARIA!!

Thank goodness!!! I went back to the doctor yesterday after dragging myself through 3 12-shifts at work this weekend (yes, I really did drag through them). He did a bunch of blood work that was inconclusive--some up, some down, some normal. After hearing that I spent yesterday evening with a temp over 103 (up to 103.8 even with a large dose of ibuprofen in my system) he sent me back to the lab for more blood work.

And I have MONO!!!!! I'm so happy. That sounds ridiculous but it's not. I am so thankful that I don't have little critters swimming in my blood the rest of my life and I'm also so thankful that they actually found something. Now I know I'm not crazy (well, no more than usual!).

Who did I kiss, you ask? Mari is the only one that has been getting kisses from me but the doc says that she could be the source. He says that most kids from developing countries get mono at a very young age and never know it...so I might have gotten it from her and I probably shouldn't worry about giving it to her either (you can only get it once!).

Good news...and now I'm going to have an afternoon nap before I get Mari from daycare. A luxury I will try to enjoy guilt-free!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you don't have Malaria! And hopefully the mono will resolve without all the extra hassles that can follow!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness the mystery is finally solved!! I was really beginning to worry! Let me know if you or little miss Mari needs anything.

~Heather

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I am so glad to hear that you have mono! LOL! Mono will keep you down and out for a while, but like you said, if given a choice, malaria/mono, i choose mono hands down. Hope Mari lets you get some rest and take it easy!

LISA said...

Jill, I'm glad you found out what was wrong!Feel better soon!

Courtney Rose said...

Hi, Jill! My name is Courtney- I've been peeking in on you and little Mari since you took your trip to Ethiopia.

I just wanted to tell you how great Mari looks on the CHIfamily website! Such a gorgeous little girl you have. I remember watching the video of her crawling around on the bed in Ethiopia- my husband and I couldn't stop smiling. Our all-time favorit, however, has been the one where she put on the frown face whenever you meowed. THAT was amazing.

At any rate, hang in there with your sickness. I hope you heal up soon- perhaps right in time for the first day of spring?