Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 3, 2008

Not Dead Yet...

but feel pretty close!

Sorry to be behind in the blogging world. I have felt like crapola (I can think of other words to use but my mother would be disappointed in me) for close to a week now. I started about 7-8 days ago with back pain which I figured was from carrying around a certain 18-pounder but I also having lots of hot flashes and cold chills...Mari had a cold, figured that I was getting it too. Friday, I called in sick to work with a fever and sore throat and sinus headache...yep, thought I'd finally gotten the cold and could get on with it. During the day Friday (just when I was finally showered and dressed and half-way to feeling like moving) Mari spiked a temp of 105.1, so I guess it is good that I was home sick because daycare would have been calling. She didn't act that sick...just had been napping for well over 2.5 hours. So a quick trip to the peds office (bilateral ear infections...or as the doc said "both her ears are full of pus") and the pharmacy and she is doing much better. (Unless you throw in the horrible diarrhea the Augmentin is causing!).

So with Sat., Sun., and Mon. off you would think I would be feeling better. WRONG! I can't remember the last time I felt this bad. I am currently sitting at my desk sweating profusely...earlier today I was so cold I was wrapped up in quilts shivering and crying. It takes every ounce of energy just to get off the couch to take care of Mari (thank goodness she is very independent when it comes to playtime). I tried to run errands today and after one stop by work to pick up some papers, I had to go home and crash on the couch (this is when the crying because I was so cold took place--and it was such a beautiful, sunny day today too). After feeding Mari and putting her down for her nap, I slept until it was time to go to the doctor's.

So what is wrong with me? Sinus infection--check. Already knew that! Possibly a lingering case of the influenza?...yes, I got the shot but it is not particulary effective this year. Not really sure...the doctor seemed legitimately concerned (which is unusual for him). My temp in the office was over 101 and my back pain is still pretty bad. He wants me to "rest, drink plenty of fluids, etc" (this is his cure for everything!) and hope I feel better soon. He did mention the big "M" that I wasn't going to bring up. So, if I die of malaria in the next few days.... Hahahaha! My symptoms fit the profile, but not the way they are constant. Malaria is very cyclical with days of feeling fine in between the days of feeling like crapola.

Hopefully a couple more days of rest and I'll be a new person. Now I'm going to bed. Yes, I know it is only 8pm but Mari is in bed and fixing all the typos in this post has exhausted me.

Oh, and the way you really know I'm sick...Coke takes horrible!!!!! Everyone that knows me just fell over at that statement.

4 comments:

gigglechirp said...

hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Mamush & Co

Stacie said...

feel better Jill
stacie f

LISA said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Chad & Lesa said...

Yes, we know you don't feel well if Coke tastes bad. The Coke Company has actually reported a drop in sales since you got sick...haha. Madi had her 9 month check up yesterday and has an ear infection, but her lungs sounded just fine. Hope you and Mari are feeling better!!