Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another Year, Another Day

So yesterday was my birthday...a sort of big one. I was supposed to post 30 little known facts about myself, or 30 things I love, or 30 somethings or anothers. My brain can't handle that high thinking right now. So I won't try.

Went back to the doctor yesterday. Nothing has really changed except I couldn't keep anything down since Wednesday night (I wasn't eating much to begin with). So now I'm taking phenergan to be able to eat so I'm not so weak. Except phenergan knocks me out. So I'm sleeping very well, I just have to time my doses around bedtime, naps, etc.

My Mom has been a super big help--even with only one arm (she did get her pins out Thursday but she still has a full-length arm cast for at least 3 more weeks). She drove me to the doctor's yesterday so I didn't have to worry about pulling over to throw up and she (with Dad's help) picked Mari up from daycare last night and stayed to feed her supper (baby food makes me gag worse than anything right now). Then she came over today and stayed long enough to feed her lunch and supper and play in between.

Mari is such a sweetie and so easygoing that she has not been a problem to take care of but just having someone there to lend a hand and to talk to makes things so much better. Just doing simple tasks like making Mari's dinner wipes me out that I have to lay down, not to mention that they make me nauseated too (I actually cried my way through 2 nights of feeding her dinner because I was so tired and thought I would pass out in her dinner tray). Getting her dressed for the day wears me out that I have to take a nap.

The good news is that the fevers seem to be subsiding. I still run low-grade ones fairly constantly but no recent spikes into the high numbers. As soon as my liver gets itself straightened out, the nausea should get better. I just need to keep muddling through.

I promise more interesting posts to come and new pix soon (I haven't even turned my camera on in a week). Mari is SO close to standing up--she can get one foot under her but just can't push/pull up quite yet--and a very significant birthday is coming up soon for her. I got all her party stuff but haven't had time to plan it. I think it will be pretty small (it was going to be anyway, but now I mean really small) and easy.

6 comments:

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

Oh Jill, I wish you would just get BETTER! Your mom must be a super hero or something. Can't wait for new pictures of the babe.

Chad & Lesa said...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!!! Once you are feeling better we can celebrate you big day. Let us know if you need anything. Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! (a few days late) I sent an email to the work account, hope you get it. If you need anything let me know!

~Heather

Kristina said...

Happy 30th birthday! I'm glad your mom and dad are there to help. I'm glad Mari is an easy going baby. I so hope you get better soon.

LISA said...

Happy Birthday Jill. I bet you won't forget the big 3 0!!!!
I'm glad you have your folks there to help you out.Hope you gain your strength back soon.

Courtney Rose said...

Woo-hoo! Happy 30th birthday! I hope you get out once you're feeling better in order to celebrate. This year is my 30th too.... Please tell me it wasn't too painful (well, besides the mono part of it). Continue to get well rested!