Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, February 4, 2008

We're Home!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Well, we made it home from KY. The trip was great; the journey horrible. We battled freezing rain, ice, fog, snow, and dreariness on the way down (and thought it could never be worse). The way back was solid rain for all of KY and WV; 5 hours of solid, heavy downpours mixed with patchy fog and all around dreariness. Luckily, home was semi-sunny and almost dry!

We had a great time in KY and I promise I'll get pix up tomorrow. I'm in the middle of laundry and everything that coming home from a trip entails. Mari was amazing all weekend, she is an ace traveller and loved meeting all her family. The only fussing we had was going down for naptime--so exhausted but still wanting to play with cousin Brendan. She fell asleep in my arms last night just sitting on the living room floor (which is amazing because she doesn't like to just sit and be held).

Tonight, I rocked her for bedtime (yes, we are still using the mean old rocking chair, we just make sure that our grip is good even when it seems someone is almost asleep and relaxed). Since she rubs her face on her blankey to sleep, I always put her giraffey (her little fleece blankey with the giraffe head in the middle) between her face and me and then wrap her up in her pink blankey (of which we found more of at Babies R Us this weekend--thank goodness, Ethiopia was rough on this blanket and it is our bedtime must-have along with giraffey). Anyway, off track again. Just as I started rocking, she popped her eyes open wide and I thought that she was going to fight me to go to bed. Instead, she threw her giraffey on the floor and buried her head in my chest and went to sleep almost instantly. She is finally starting to realize how great snuggling with Mommy is!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

More tomorrow about our trip, pix, and anything else that I might have time for!

2 comments:

The Journey said...

Ugh, ice and snow - glad your trip was safe! We're learning so much from your postings, thank you!

Bruce: said...

So how is it that Mari managed to bring her weather here? And why did it wait until after your trip to KY to arrive?