Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Slippery Slopes!

So how did my Friday go, you ask? DON'T! Although I think there are others in my family who had much worse days.

After fretting all day Thursday about what I was going to do if daycare was closed on icy Friday, I was relieved to find out that daycare very rarely closes so I was able to tell my potential babysitter to stay home (she lives way, way out in the middle of nowhere). So I got up at 4:30 to check the weather; it was icing but the roads were okay. So Mari and I set off for daycare at 6:00 and then I headed to work. Shortly after getting to work, I called my Mom to tell her that Mari was at daycare and where to find her diaper bag when she came to pick her up. Not more than 15 minutes later Mom called me to tell me that she fell on the icy steps getting ready to leave for work. Dad left work and went and picked her up. They ended up spending the morning in the ED with me (and everyone else in the county that fell down on the ice! among a gazillion other patients) and then Mom spent the afternoon in the OR getting pins in her shattered wrist. I left work early so I could pick up Miss Mari before daycare closed.

We headed to Mom and Dad's house to check on her. She wasn't feeling the greatest...duh! She had put supper in the crock pot so I ate a little bit with Dad and Mari even got some bit-sized pieces of carrots and potatoes to play with and eat. Then Mari and I headed to my brother Todd's house where his wife Diana cooked us dinner. Todd had some ankle reconstruction yesterday morning so he was also hurting pretty good. (I'm not sure who has the bigger cast, Mom or Todd). My other brother Chad was there with Lesa and Madi. I don't get to see Madi much at daycare because we get there so early and then Mom picks Mari up or I'm just later than Chad picks Madi up. So we played a little on the floor...I think she was more impressed with the cats though. It's interesting to watch Mari and Madi together because they sort of act like each other's not there. They steal each other's toys (Mari snatches Madi's pacifier), crawl over each other, roll into each other but don't really seem to interact that much. It will be neat to see them actually acknowledge each other when they get a little older. And then we'll throw a third one in the mix. Floor time in the Catlett households could get very interesting.

Well, I'll keep you updated on the invalids' recoveries. Hopefully, after a few days, they will both be up and around enough to function.

2 comments:

Annie said...

WOW!! What a day...hope your mom and brother are doing okay!

I'm sure it will be no time before Mari and Madi are interacting. How neat that they are so close in age :)

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

Will the fun NEVER end???! Thinking of you, girlfriend.