Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week in Review with Pix!

So let's play catch-up from the last week.

Last Tuesday, we went and finally had all of our bloodwork drawn (which all looked great!). This was somewhat of an ordeal because Mari's veins aren't the greatest. They were able to get it all with 2 sticks but this was only because she needed so much drawn, one vein just wouldn't give enough. Mari did really well, fussed only a little. Then Tuesday night, we went and visited with some of my friends, Steve and Ali, that I had lost touch with for about 5 years! I sent them an announcement and Ali contacted me and invited me over. We had a great time catching up and letting the kids play. Ali has even been inspired to start a blog after reading through mine.

Wednesday, we ran errands for several hours and then both my brothers and their wives came over for dinner. Mari had missed both naps (except a little one in the shopping cart at Wal-Mart) and her feeding schedule was all messed up. So, after throwing up all over her crib (which she had peed on that morning and I had JUST changed the sheets), she went down for a nap at suppertime. She woke up after we finished eating and played for awhile. Madison also played hard after eating and it was her turn to throw up...all over Auntie Diana. Sorry, Diana but I must say...that was an impressive puke! There were bananas EVERYWHERE! Poor Madi!

You have already heard about Thursday and our trip to the ER...for those of you who commented that I sounded calm, HAHAHA! I wasn't, I had to call my mommy and she came to the ER with me. I was able to get myself together before heading to the ER and once I stopped shaking, I was able to think it through and decide that I probably hadn't broken her arm since most of the arm injuries we see in the ER (kids this age, anyway) are nursemaid's elbows. But it was very definitely a forced calmness. It took me at least 5 minutes to figure out the ibuprofen dosing for her weight and I can usually do this without even thinking about it (I LOVE drug dosage calculations--all the nurses out there just fainted after reading that but I really do).

So on to the KY trip...we had a great time. Mari is SO good. She travelled well and played with everyone. So I'll just let the pix tell the story. I'm not going to try to explain how everyone is related...if you are part of the family, you'll know. If not, just enjoy the pix!


My BFF, cousin Juli with Mari.

Mari playing with cousin Brendan (age almost 4).



Cousin Robert playing a lonely game of CandyLand Castle.

Cousins Kevin and Justin.

Cousins Callie and Mari (I'm holding Mari back as she crawls forwards and pushing Callie forwards as she scoots backwards).

Cousins Brendan and Logan fighting (I mean playing!)


My Grandma with Mari.

My Mom, Grandma, and me with Mari....4 generations!


My Grandma and Grandpa with Mari.

Mari and Callie sharing.

Crawling on Cousin Brendan.

Not sure why but it looks like Mari is mad in this picture. "I said back away from the toys!"

For someone who hates pacifiers, Mari sure was interested in Callie's.

Brendan's pet hamster Lucy. I never thought that a rodent could be so cute!

Mr. Brendan in his "old man" PJs. Isn't that the funniest thing? He loves them!
My Cousin Megan (age 13) playing the banjo (my Uncle Greg is on the guitar). There are some VERY talented musical people in my family...too bad I'm tone deaf. I think the genes shifted to others and I didn't get an equal share!



Last but not least, here is a great little onesie I found at Babies R Us. Someone's birthday is getting closer!

8 comments:

Chad & Lesa said...

I love the KY pictures. We need to visit soon. For some reason it didn't occur to me that Madi had Great Grandparents. She has 5 Grandparents and 2 Great Grandparents - she's one lucky little girl. I wish my Grandparents were alive, so she could meet them too. Anyway, glad you made it back to VA!!

LISA said...

I loved the pics of your trip!
I didn't know anyone could REALLY play the banjo!! She's talented!
Love the birthday outfit too!

Julianne said...

Love the pix, esp. the one of Robert playing Candy Land Castle. That could be some really great blackmail!!! We had an awesome time! Brendan misses Mari already!!

Amanda said...

I love all of the pics, but the pic of your grandma and Mari and the 4 generations of women were my favorite. :)

I'm glad she did well on the trip!

Anonymous said...

Haha wondered if you noticed in the picture of "back away form the toys" it looks like she is shaking her fist at you! I don't think she liked that idea!

~Heather

gigglechirp said...

whatta dollbaby!! welcome home from your travels

Stacie said...

Cute! I love the pic with your Grandma - she looks so happy to meet her great-granddaughter!

That onesie is so cute! My friend Mindy (who makes the quilts) is making Micah a bib with his name and "It's fun to be 1" on it w/ a cupcake for his first birthday. :) I didn't know they had stuff like that at BrUs.

Sally said...

It really does look like she's shaking her fist and saying back off! How cute!

Also, Kristina tagged me and I'm passing it on - just see my blog to see what all that's about (I'm still not too sure about this "Tag" lingo :))