Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 8, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend!

So the whirlwind weekend is over! What a fun (exhausting) few days. My cousin Juli came (along with hubby Robert and son Brendan). Brendan is 3-years-old and holy cow! can that boy play. Nonstop, all day, full-out--but very well-behaved. Just busy, busy, busy. Whew! So the weekend was full of family and eating and shopping and reading.


Here is a great picture of what a 3-year-old thinks of a popcorn air-popper. Hmm...wonder what he would think of Jiffee Pop?

Here is my mom holding the first grandchild (my niece Madi) but not the oldest! Sorry Madi, your cousin is older than you...but you are bigger!

It was great to share the celebration of my referral with family...it was also nice to have the weekend full so I didn't just sit around and worry. Why worry, you ask? Now that I have a name and a face--it is a constant barrage of "what-ifs" running through my head. I guess this is probably a permanent state of being from now on!

I know, I know...you are saying "get on with the details." So here are a few more...my daughter is a little over 6 months old (birthdays in Ethiopia are not an exact science!) and pretty small for her age. I printed off growth charts and plotted her size. She is way under the graph for length and weight but the weight/length ratio is right at 50% so, while she is little for her age, it is a proportionate petiteness. In other words, she isn't emaciated (and in her picture she looks nice and well rounded--ohhh she is so cute!!). Her health examinations look pretty good and I think she will do fine.

So for a name...I have said all along that her given name would be kept as a middle name and I am very happy to say her name is Roza (which means Rose!). For her first name, I combined 2 of my favorite Ethiopian names (Amara--princess and Amira--beautiful/paradise) to make the name Amari (ah-mahr-ee). So Amari Roza has been named. She will probably be called Mari.

When will she come home? That is yet to be decided. I have to wait on a court date and an embassy appt. Courts are playing catch-up from their 2 month break, so Sharon said to expect to travel in about 3 months. So, while I would LOVE to travel before the end of the year, I'm shooting for January!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing more information with us! I'm looking foward to your case passing through court so we can see pictures of your pretty little one!! Our dossier just left for Ethiopia today, so we're a bit behind, but hoping the wait won't go too slow...

LISA said...

I can't wait for you to get your court date! I hope it's sooner than they are saying!Anxious to see a picture of Amari! I love that name! Lisa :)

Stacie said...

Love the name! Beautiful!! Can't wait for you to get your court date so we can see your beautiful girl!!

Deedra Lynn said...

Beautiful name! It sounds lovely together. I don't care what they say; we can still pray to travel before Christmas, can't we?! Here's to hoping....

Stacie said...

Congrats Jill
I love the name. I have always loved the name Amara....but Amari is a beautiful way to combine to beautiful names. Can't wait to see your little one! Hope we aren't too far behind you. Stacie F

Kathryn said...

I just found your blog through Jenni and Jim's. How exciting and I am definitely going to follow along.

Kathryn said...

P.S. Ilove the name you have chosen for her, Amari!