Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 22, 2007

Plans, Pumpkins, Pets

Update on the adoption front: not much happening on my end yet. Still waiting on my travel guide...Lindsay (my SW) contacted the St. Louis office and they are sending it again. Which means that somewhere out there is a travel guide I never got. This should have all the nitty-gritty details of paperwork yet to be done, travel agent suggestions, etc. No court date yet but court dates are coming in; several families have gotten court dates of October 29 and are looking to travel around Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I'm not too far behind in the line-up. Lindsay checked with Sharon (CHI's Ethiopian program director) and I will definitely be able to visit the orphanage that Amari was in and I can request to meet her birthmom, but it will be up to the birthmom whether to meet or not. Which I am okay with.


As for updates about Amari before travel...probably not going to happen but that's okay. It looks like with diaper and clothing sizes, she is right on the small end of 3-6 month clothes and #2 diapers; so, unless she really packs on the pounds in the next couple months, I will be okay. I washed all the baby clothes I already have tonight to see what all I had (there are way too many tags/clips/cardboard on those clothes!). This kid is totally set from 6 months to 12 months (mostly because I didn't want to but a lot of little things that wouldn't fit). So now I know I need few 3-6 month things and 12 months and above clothes. It really helped seeing what all I had and what I still needed.

Dad and I were able to kind of decide on some things we want to do in Addis while we are there. He is totally looking forward to exploring a new country/culture (except the food--we are both a little scared of that!) so he will keep me from staying in the hotel playing all day! Which is good, it may be a very long time before I get a chance to see Ethiopia again (probably when Amari is a teenager) so I should see as much as I can. We also talked about packing and stuff (his luggage didn't make it to Kenya last time he went and he reminded me he doesn't need a lot of room because he "has done Africa with just a backpack"). Not me, I'm taking everything! He'll thank me for the Oreos!

Here is a picture of my Jack-O-Lantern I carved Friday night. Got together with both my brothers and their wives for pizza and pumpkin carving (no, we didn't carve pizzas--you know what I mean). It was a lot of fun.

Here is a great picture of Mickey hanging out with one of Ollie-dog's toys. Think I could get a lifetime supply of dog biscuits with this picture?

And here is Sam in his usual state of repose...

Sorry, no doggie picture today. Next Saturday is Trunk-or-Treat (which I'll explain next week for those of you that have never heard of this) and I'll post pix of Ollie in his costume.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Jill - just so you know, the nannies at the HOH like the clothes to be a little bigger - i.e. not snug like we like them here. I would take only 3-6 for her normal clothes, but those white onesies that go underneath - take a couple of 6-9 just in case. I had one of the nannies tell me Micah's onesies were "too small" and I had to say, "That's all I have!"

Deedra Lynn said...

I am projecting to the dates we might be leaving, too! I keep telling myself, "I will be home for Christmas!" It's hard not having all the details, isn't it?

Do you mind sharing some of the sights you and your dad have marked to see while you are in country?

Jocelyn said...

I just found your blog through someone elses. I got my referral right before you did on 10/1. I am with another agency though!! Congrats on your daughter!! I can't wait to see her picture. My little girl is almost 6 months old now. She is a chunky monkey:-) I actually had a court date already on 10/22 but it didn't happen and is now 11/15...so hang in there, they are starting to happen!! I will watch your blog for news!