Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 5, 2007

A little tease...

So what is almost as hard as waiting on a referral...waiting to share the information!!! As most of you know, Ethiopia does not allow pictures to be posted until the court case is done (which I don't even have a date for). I have also been cautioned not to give out a lot of info until I sign the acceptance agreement for my referral (papers which will not be in my hands until Monday). This is in case I decide to decline the referral, then this little one's info would be passed along to someone else who probably wouldn't want the world to know.

There is absolutely NO chance that I will turn down this referral. Let me just say that this little girl is so much cuter than any other baby in the world (I know...all moms say that about their kids but still....she is gorgeous!). She is adorable and after gazing into those all-telling eyes, I'm hooked. She is healthy although seems rather small (compared to my niece, anyway). She is in the transition home in Addis already, so I'm sure she is getting the best care possible.

Like I said, I can't give out a lot on info so you will just have to keep checking in. No idea on court or travel dates...sounds like probably not until January for travel but I can certainly hope for sooner. Pray for a quick and easy court date...I don't want to miss another day of my daughter's life.

As for the referral phone call...it was kind of weird. I had this vague dream the other night that Sharon (the director of the Ethiopian program) called me with the referral because something had happened to Lindsay (my SW). I had been expecting Lindsay to be the one to call me, so when I heard Sharon on the other end of the phone this morning at 11:15, I was a little freaked out. All I could think was that it was over, that singles were being cut off, that something was messed up with my paperwork...a lot went through my mind. Then she explained that she was calling with exciting news and didn't want me to have to wait until Monday (when Lindsay would be back in the office). So I tearfully, and shakily, wrote down all the info and then started making phone calls. Then I waited forever (really only about 30 minutes) for the email to hit my computer. The rest of the day was in a whirlwind. I had company due in the afternoon and I couldn't even remember what I needed to do before they got here. I tried 4 times to eat lunch but kept forgetting...boy was that pizza at 7pm wonderful (thanks Chad and Lesa). Not to mention that I have been sick the last few days which only added to my feverish haze. I couldn't remember when my last dose of ibuprofen was so by 4 pm, I was sweaty and shaky from a slight fever and low blood sugar. What a day!!

More to tell soon. Probably on Monday I'll give a few more details. Must go to bed...the day is catching up with me and I have been advised to get as much sleep as I can because my hours of sleeping are quickly fading away!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh do sleep all you can (although I know that will be impossible! :) So fun to hear about the call! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl!!

LISA said...

Hey Momma!I was hoping it was you with the 6 month old! My husband and I had been talking about you waiting since the end of July.Sooo....Congrats!!!!!!!Can't wait to see your adorable daughter
Lisa :)

Deedra Lynn said...

What a day, huh?! I completely understand...I couldn't eat lunch either and by 6:00 I was starving and hadn't made dinner for my family when my husband's friend stopped by and bought us all pizza! Sounds very similar:)

The weird thing is, I also had a dream, only in mine I was calling Sharon asking why she hadn't called me yet!

Congratulations, mom!

Bruce: said...

So why is the baby on the ticker a baby of color? Because our new grand baby is a beautiful baby of color. She is so beautiful. I can't help but think the same thought looking into her eyse that I think when I hold Madi and look into her eyes. What will she live to see? Mind boggling. Can't wait to hold her. Dad/Granddad

Julie said...

Congratulations!!!!

What exciting news. I will be praying you don't have long until you can be with your daughter.

Anonymous said...

hey jill, this is Chessie. i'm glad things seem to be going well. hopefully she'll be in your arms soon! sorry you were sick, get rest so you can feel better!