Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend's over, so sad!

My long weekend has come to an end. I managed to get in some shopping, cleaning, laundry, relaxing, and recovering.


Not to scare anyone that still has to get their shots but here is what my arm looks like 48 hours after my yellow fever shot. Surprisingly, it doesn't hurt (unless I poke at it too much)...it hurt when I got it though. It hurt enough that the other four shots were not noticeable. The tables turned about 12 hours later when all the other ones got sore...had some stiffness lifting my arms (made folding laundry a more loathsome task than usual). But now they are pretty much better except the ugliness from the yellow fever shot...with my fair skin, I tend to be hypersensitive to anything that causes a reaction so I shouldn't be surprised. Other than a little fatigue and nausea, I think I faired pretty well for 5 shots at once.


Went to the movies yesterday with my sister-in-law and her step-mom Sylvia. Lesa is a bigger musical freak than I am (didn't think that was possible!!). So we went to see Hairspray. It was really good...it was pretty funny but then you add in the fact that Christopher Walken is married to a very robust John Travolta dressed as a women--hysterical. I will be adding this soundtrack to my MP3 player.

Went shopping today with Mom...I bought this shelf with the canvas totes thinking it was going to be bigger and could place under the nursery window. When I assembled it and saw the size, I took down the plain, ugly shelf in the nursery and put this up in its place...much better. And the lamp looks like it is part of the set...what luck.

I also bought some new pajamas from Wal-Mart. They are Hanes Tagless; they are all separates and in different styles. I know this is a weird thing to blog about but they are SO comfortable and fit so good, I may never wear real clothes again. I may just wear them on the plane.

I even got in some relaxing (okay, I slept--but that is relaxing!). Here is a great picture of all my animals getting along...who said cats are the only ones that like to play with yarn. It is amazing how many different directions one piece of string can be pulled at once!

1 comments:

Mamato2 said...

Love the shelf and MUST check intot hose pj's myself! :)
As for the shots, you were aware that you did NOT need the YF, right?
All you had to do was get a note from the doctor saying you could not get it. Not even a reason needed to be listed. I chose not to b/c of a)people who have had nasty side effects and b) the COST! They did NOT even check for this in any way, or for any other shots (it's been 10 yrs since I had my heps etc when I started work in Haiti) in Ethiopia.