Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Emotions...

Tonight I pretty much broke down...I don't blog much about my feelings, kind of shy about that but thought I'd share. I think part of it is knowing that Stacie is over there now bonding with her son and making friends with Jenni's son. I've been following lots of blogs and watching people in their journeys but these are people I know! (Well...I've never met them, but we are sharing this process piece by piece, signature by signature). Also, just knowing that my agency CHI is off the ground in Ethiopia has really brought everything around to reality (does that make sense?). Read Jenni's posting on her blog about the email Stacie sent her...about their sons playing together on the other side of the world. I just keep wondering where my daughter is and what she is doing......

I have decided on a name...I have a couple of backups in case I get my referral picture and the name just doesn't work but I think I have it. Sorry...it's a secret!! I want to be able to announce it all at once. Now just waiting on a referral. Could be days, could be weeks, could even be months--I hope not that long! I shouldn't complain...those adopting from other countries wait years.

Feeling better from my shots. My arm is still bruised but looking much better. Some have questioned why I got the yellow fever since it is not required. It is required for some other countries in that region and there is always the possibility (although unlikely) of emergency landings or evacuations, etc. I am not risking having to get vaccinated in a foreign country because we had to make an emergency landing elsewhere for something. And it looks like my insurance company is going to cover about 80% of the costs...so why not?

Working on some packing lists--although won't really get serious on that until I get my travel guide (that comes after the referral). Did buy some vacuum bags...may or may not use them depending on how much room I have.

Well...off to bed!

4 comments:

Mamato2 said...

The first part of your post brought tears to my eyes.. I hope you get that referral soon.

gigglechirp said...

Hang in there "Mama Jill" - There seems to be no words that help with the wait at times. I had a bunch of those moments, too. Some days were very, very difficult. The uncertainty at times is the worst. But, as you see, when you get your referral call, all that heartache vanishes as the joy is too much for it! It will happen. It will!!! She is there - perhaps born or about to be born - ya never know! Just keep moving forward and trying to find some joy in everyday -- it just may be a special day in your little one's life! You are definitely not alone as so many of us have had the "breakdowns" and the longing. You are so close and have already prevailed over all the dreadful paperwork!!! We look forward to celebrating the next step which is sure to happen at just the right time when your daughter is ready!!

Until then, love to you from your newest IL friends! (oh, and great news on the name decisions - we still haven't decided!!)

Jenni

LISA said...

Jill, all that I can say is I know how you feel.We're further behind in our journey. I think with our CHI families over there it just makes it seem more real to us. We all want our little ones.

Chad & Lesa said...

Just remember that good things come to those who wait. I had to wait 9 months for Madi and she was worth the wait!!!