Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, August 3, 2007

Hot Shots!

Hot - It is so hot here!! Upper nineties (without the heat index) and no break in sight! The grass is brown and dry, everything is wilty. I can not stand the heat. I'd much rather be cold and be wrapped up in a quilt drinking hot chocolate.

Shots - Went to the Health Dept for my shots this morning. Ouch! Let's just say that I'm glad that I had already had Hep B, tetanus, and MMR. So I got 5 shots...my arms hurt! But so far, that is the only bad part...a little headache and achiness earlier but nothing ibuprofen couldn't handle. The only thing left on the disease list is a prescription for malaria meds...haven't decided whether to do this or not. Supposedly if we stay in Addis, the elevation is high enough that there are no mosquitoes! But if there is a mosquito in 1000 miles of me, I'll get bitten. The problem is that the med for malaria makes your skin super sensitive to sunburn (just what a white-skinned redhead needs to hear when traveling near the equator!). We'll see.

I'll post more later this weekend. Planning to do a little shopping and go to the movies tomorrow if I feel well enough.

0 comments: