Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shopping and Books!!

In case I never mentioned it before, I have an addiction. I'm not talking about the one with the red label and lots of caffeine (Coca-Cola)...I'm talking about books. I have lots of books. Here is a picture of my "library." Keep in mind, I have another full bookshelf in my room and a half-filled short one in the guest room. I estimate that 75% of these are kids books and "tween" books because I have never thrown away a book in my life! Not to mention that, thanks to Ebay, I went back and collected all the ones I used to check out of the library as a kid! So today, we went to the book fair. I bought these books pictured below...only spent around $40. Pretty good...the Strawberry Shortcake books are the best! One is scratch and sniff, one is "touchy-feely," and one has sparkly foil pictures. The CD is the best of Wee Sing--great find for $3.50. So here is what the baby's bookshelf looks like. I have lots more kids books in the "library" but I only moved in the youngest ones and will switch them out as she grows. Here is the picture I promised of the 3-in-1 book...cloth book, teether and toy in one. Went to Wal-Mart today...continued my committment to buying a few items everytime I go. Today was med day (not nearly complete, but a good start).Baby Tylenol, Q-tips, wipes, 2 strengths of Baby Orajel (thanks Stacie for the heads up to the teething possibility!), sunblock, and my favorite...the Triaminic strips. What are these for, you ask? They are benadryl strips...one strip equals 1 tsp of childrens benadryl and these are much easier to carry on a plane and less messy for dosing mid-flight. I plan to test them out before we leave Addis because some kids get excitable instead of drowsy from them. I bought Triaminic brand because you get 16 per box versus 10 per box of Benadryl brand for the same price...also the only flavor I could find in the Benadryl brand was vanilla mint--do infants like that flavor? The Triaminic are grape and since Baby Tylenol is grape, I'm pretty sure it will be well-received!

Last but not least...any time I'm doing anything in the nursery, the gang of fur-balls follow me. I was snapping pix of my purchases and looked over and here is what I saw...I call it "Cat Food!"

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Girl - you are on it! You are going to be ready to go soon! And, things are moving sluggish over there, but Tsegay works non-stop for us, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before another referral rolls in! (Hopefully yours!)

Julie said...

Hi there,

I love books too! It is a very fun addiction.

Our family has just been approved by CHI to adopt from Ethiopia also. I am enjoying reading about everyone's journey.

I will say a prayer you get your referral soon.

Julie