Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sea of papers!

Thank you Deborah for your words of wisdom! I have taken on the pile of papers. I think I have knocked out everything I have to do...the rest is waiting on others. It is very hard to just sit back and wait on others to do the work that will affect you. Have I mentioned that I have control issues? Augh!

My second home study visit went great. My SW Beth has several pets at home so she was not upset about my dog jumping all over her or my cats trying to climb in her tote bag or laying across the paperwork we were working on. The peanut-butter filled frozen Kong kept Oliver busy so it was all good. The only paperwork left for my home study is my medical clearance (Dr's appt Tuesday) and my State Police clearance. They have finally decided that, yes, I do have to be fingerprinted to do this but, unlike the federal government, I do not have to wait to be invited to get fingerprinted. I just walk in and do it...and then it only takes about a week to get back. So my home study should be done by my last home study appt on May 2.

The dossier is a work in progress. The hardest part of this whole process has been to write my letter to Ethiopia. They want a letter explaining why you want to adopt from their country and why you would be a good parent to one of their children. This was the hardest thing to get started and to formulate but once I got started, I found it was even harder to stop. Then I had to do some editing because it was twice as long as it's supposed to be. My SW Beth read it today and was very pleased with it, so I must have gotten the tone of it right. I thought it was a little cheesy but it was all true.

I'll be putting some pix on here soon. I am having trouble with the blogger not recognizing my pix...even some of the ones from prior posts are not loading and they were fine the other day, so hopefully I'll get the kinks worked out.

I'll keep everyone posted. Chad and Lesa (my brother and sister-in-law) are having their baby shower this weekend so hopefully I'll have some pix of that!

0 comments: