Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, April 27, 2007

Passport Picture and Fingerprints

Okay, not sure why everyone is so curious about my passport photo but here it is...excuse the puncture marks on the neck. I was not attacked by a vampire but my picture was attacked by a stapler before it was returned with my passport!

I went to Northern Virginia (Alexandria to be exact) today for my fingerprints for the feds...Deborah, you were right about me being in the minority at the Immigration Office. I better get used to that before I go to Ethiopia; they've probably never met anyone as pale skinned as me (of course, with Dad along, I'll be outshined--literally!). Anyway, after a grand total of over 300 miles and about 6+ hours of driving (yeah, we had a few stops), my appointment at the Immigration office lasted a grand total of about 10 minutes. What a long trip! Thanks Mom for coming along and keeping me company. That DC beltway traffic is a nightmare and it wasn't even rush hour. The fingerprinting part was pretty cool. At least these were digital (I just got the ink off my fingers from Monday's printing). They wipe your fingers with a windex-soaked rag and then press them on a screen. The print shows up digitally and it clicks into places when they have a good print. Easy as pie.

So that is another step down. Only a gazillion more to go!!!!!!!

0 comments: