Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve

One year ago, I spent Christmas Eve alone, wondering what the coming weeks and months would hold for me. It was only a week until I flew and I was scared, scared about everything. Tonight, I read my daughter the Christmas Story (This is the Stable--great book!) and rocked her to sleep. And then rocked and stared (and cried, of course) at the most beautiful blessing I could have ever imagined.

Here is a short video to lighten the sappiness of this post. More to come after the festivities...this is post #199. I guess #200 will be all about Mari's first Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

It is amazing what can happen in a year!! Merry Christmas!!

Amanda said...

:)
Thank you for this.

We're spending our holidays wondering what the upcoming weeks and months hold for us, too.

I'm glad this holiday you have your beautiful daughter to stare at. :)

Annie said...

What a wonderful Christmas Eve it was for you to have your daughter in your arms. It doesn't get much better than that, does it? :)

My mom taught Maya "ho-ho-ho" but it comes out more like little whispers of "hot-hot-hot"

Merry Christmas!

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Hope you had a fantastic 1st Christmas together!

Sam's mom said...

Mari is so darned terrific! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries when my little one is asleep in my arms! It's so huge a blessing that you just can't believe it! I am so glad you have Mari in your arms!