Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Memories

One of my favorite memories from childhood is making cookies with my Mom for Christmas. I had my own set of little Tupperware cookie cutters and Mom would give me my own dough to make cookies for Santa Claus. One year, my Dad even painted mud hoofprints on our woodstove and in the living room and they crumbled up some of my cookies to make it look like Santa had been there munching away. At least that is how I remember it.

One day, I'll look at these pictures below and remember the first time Mari got to help with Christmas cookies. I'll try to forget that I cheated and used Pillsbury refrigerator cookies. I'll try to forget that there was colored sugar EVERYwhere. I'll try to forget that Mari screamed for 10 minutes after I took the cookies away to put in the oven. I'll try to forget Mari's bright red feet that were stained when her sweaty feet stepped in the pile of red sugar on the carpet. I'll try to forget the language I used when the vacuum cleaner did not want to suck up the pile of red sugar on the carpet. Hopefully, I'll remember those 3 minutes of pure excitement of Mari shaking the heck out of the sprinkle container and the 5 minutes it took her to savor her first warm, fresh-out-of the oven sugar cookie. In the words of the Pillsbury doughboy...Teehee!

Enjoy the video...after the cookie pix, there are some other random ones from the last few days. And be sure to check out Glimpse Photography for a sneak peek of the pix we had done last Thursday through Celebrating Adoption.

7 comments:

Min/El said...

I LOVE your new picture of Mari in the header! Too cute!

Noelle said...

How brave to decorate cookies with the one year old! Great hair pics. Anna is just getting her hair in on the sides and back of her head.

Carey and Norman said...

I too love to bake cookies with the kids. Even if it is messy (like you said....forget the mess and make memories).

I enjoyed the slideshow and new photos of Mari! What an adorable little reindeer you have :o)

Troy and Rachel said...

The photos of Mari turned out beautiful! I loved the dress you had her in from Ethiopia!! I've contacted the same photographer and am hoping to set something up - thanks for letting me know about it!

The Taylor Family said...

I'm rolling, Jill. What a great post! I could picture the cookie making so clearly. Toddlers! :)

Merry Christmas!!!
(By the way, I can't remember...were you at HOH for Christmas-Jan 7 in 2008? If so, I would love to hear details on their celebration. Something to pass along to Malachi about his first Christmas in Ethiopia.)

Annie said...

oh, Jill, isn't it wonderful to have your special childhood memories and know that now you are creating special memories for Mari?

love the slideshow and your celebrating adoption pictures, too. Enjoy your first Christmas with Mari :)

Mom to many said...

Aww - your post is so FUNNY and so dang cute! I can see myself freaking out a bit at all the sprinkles and sugar making a huge mess --- but, it will be a beautiful memory to share with her later.