Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Weeks 42 & 43 of 52

Another couple weeks done...been busy weeks getting ready for Halloween and just enjoying this time of year. I love living in the mountains during autumn...it is without a doubt a beautiful gift.

Week 42 of 52
2010: 10/15
Mickey has found a new favorite napping spot, he loves to jump up there after I've finished...nice and warm.
2010: 10/16
Annual trip to the pumpkin patch...I have more pix, I'll do them in a Halloween post. Mari actually rode the orange barrell train this year instead of freaking out...she has matured so much this year, come a long way in conquering her fears.
2010: 10/17
Mari has commandeered my Eeyore slippers.
2010: 10/18
I love this kid.
2010: 10/19
Mari wanted to practice cutting - something the kids in her new class can do and it really upset her that she was behind in this area, so we've been practicing.
Don't you love her hair here?
2010: 10/10
Sam and Mickey - rough life.
2010: 10/21
My nutso kiddo.

Week 43 of 52

2010: 10/22
Mari got to sleep in my bed for a few nights until we could investigate the attic over her room for scurrying critters (turns out it was just a heating tube expanding and contracting and scraping the floor - phew!).
2010: 10/23
The whole family went up on the mountains for an evening picnic and short hike to one of the mountain overlooks. It was a total coincidence that all 3 cousins had on half-zip fleeces....these 3 are so. much. fun. to see together. This picture totally makes me tear up (I have it as my desktop at work) - we posed them on the log but the facial expressions and interactions were just a continuation of the fun they were having playing in the leaves.
Next year there will be another cousin in this picture....shhhh.....
2010: 10/24
"Jack-O-Ween"
2010: 10/25
Loving this hairstyle, the diagonal parts really helped with some of the short pieces that we've damaged from overstyling.
2010: 10/26
Decided to try some yarn braids - if lucky, we will be able to get 4-6 weeks out of them. I'm a little worried about damaging the hair but they are supposed to do the opposite and actually protect the hair. Mari's hair needs a break from styling, so hopefully this will afford us some break time.
2010: 10/27
Still working on the braids. Mari is so AWESOME with getting her hair done, she doesn't mind a bit. Using this website for direction and tips.
2010: 10/28
Symbiotic relationship.


Stayed tuned....Halloween/Autumn post coming up soon. School post. Wedding post. Mari post. Hair post. Maybe I should do NaBloPoMo?

1 comments:

Nevididi said...

let me know how the yarn bradis work for you...I was thinking about trying them too, but I was dreading the taking out part. Yes you need to do NaBloPoMo its the first so you better get started lol