Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 14, 2010

Week 19 of 52

Another week down. This one was a little tougher. I had a wisdom tooth extracted on Monday so maybe a little cheating done on Monday and Tuesday's pictures but they were all from this week! So get over it!

2010: 05/13
Bubbles!
What else can I say?
2010: 05/12
Hairstyle for most of the week - usually takes me over an hour to put her hair in "squiggles" but I learned a new technique that saves us so much time. Read on.
2010: 05/11
Read about a technique called "stretching" - basically banding the hair while wet and then styling after it's dry. Then it doesn't scrunch up and frizz on you. There is also a technique called "braid out" - basically you take down your cornrows carefully and you can get a couple days out of a stretched curly style. So every night, I've been putting Mari's hair in loose flat twists and then in the morning I just very lightly spritz with water, add a little Curly Cake Shake and carefully take down the twists. And you have instant "squiggles"!! And they don't shrivel up because they are already dry!!!!!! No more hours and hours of finger twisting. BTW, the picture above is her squiggles after about 12 hours of wear and tear! Below is the flat twists (they take me about 15-20 minutes before bed).
2010: 05/10
(Yup...cheating picture from later in the week...I was in a drug-induced haze that night.)
Mari wearing her SuperHero cape. Backwards. Whatever.
2010: 05/09
Beautiful Butterfly.
MariRoza Mariposa
2010: 05/08
Enjoying some time at a birthday party at the park.
2010: 05/07
The "steal" I got from a neighbor's yard sale!! Cheap cheap cheap and they helped carry it into my backyard!

6 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

She looks so grownup with earrings. Very cute.

Hope you are recovering well and quickly from the wisdom teeth surgery.

Noelle said...

Hey Jill,
When you put the hair in loose twists, do you have to do the perfectly even parts? Would the squiggles work the next day if it wasn't parted evenly?
Noelle

Julie said...

Loved all the pics! Great tips on the hair, I'm going to have to try that!!!

Hope your tooth is feeling better.

Julie

Laura said...

Hello Jill, you don't know me but I have a few questions for you. Would you mind sending me your e-mail adress?
lacoleson@mail.com

Troy and Rachel said...

I always love Mari's hari styles!! She always styling' thanks to her cool mommy!

Mom to many said...

Love the twists - I just can't make her sit for that many twist - YET! We started doing the conditioner in the tub at night and then I separate the hair into 8sections and braid it - let it out in the morning and spritz! So far so good!!! Maybe I'll try the twists tonight and see if the she is patient enough.