Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, April 26, 2010

I ♥ Faces - Smiles!

Here we go again....I love entering these things just because I'm a theme-nerd. I like having a goal to aim for. When I saw this week's theme was smiles, I knew which picture I wanted to use. Mari has a mischievous grin an awesome smile but I have a picture that I thought captured the true essence of what defines a smile.

My niece Madi came over to play the other night and her mommy was lamenting the fact that Madi has difficult hair. Her hair is very whispy and fine and silky - beautiful, but hard to do anything with. While the girls were in the tub, Madi got a cup of water dumped on her head (by her cousin with the mischievous grin) so after getting her into her PJs, I combed through her hair. Mari decided that Madi needed ponytails like hers and Madi agreed readily that she needed ponytails. It took a lot of water to sculpt her hair into ponytails but it was worth it. She LOVED them. And it gave her a totally new look - sweet, cute, and very impish....kind of like Tinkerbell in Peter Pan.

I love the satisfied joy on her face as she looks in the mirror to see her beloved ponytails "just like Mar-Mar's." This picture just makes me giggle!

Hop on over to I ♥ Faces to see some really amazing smiles!


3 comments:

Texasholly said...

ahhhh! so cute!

Julianne said...

That is a really great picture! I can't wait to see those two!!!

Chad & Lesa said...

She loves wearing her hair like Mari's now! Sweet girls!