Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Evolution of the Turtle

To say that Mari is growing up quickly is an understatement. Her development is absolutely exploding right now. Her language and conversations are off the roof and I'm amazed at the concepts she understands. One of the things that has always amazed me is her ability to remember songs - multiple verses, all the words...it's amazing.

The Turtle Song has been one of her favorites for over 9-10 months. I think she started singing it around Halloween time because she was singing it with her favorite Bumblebee song. I'd never heard the turtle song before and it took me awhile to even figure out that she was saying turtle...the only part I got was the "POP!" A couple weeks ago, I got a little more of it on video but it was still pretty unrecognizable and I still had no clue on the words. Tonight, while in the bathtub, I heard her singing it softly and slowly. I listened carefully and asked her to teach it to me. She did - LINE BY LINE! - repeating each line until I got it....the look on her face when I was able to sing the whole thing with her was UNBELIEVABLE.

So onto the show.....you will now see the evolution of the Turtle Song in two weeks
The words (in case you, like me, do not know the song)
I have a little turtle, his name is Tiny Tim
I put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim
He drank up all the water (glub, glub, glub)
He ate up all the soap (chomp, chomp, chomp)
And now my little turtle, he's got bubbles in his throat
Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles
Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, POP!
(Mari does a little premature POPping!)

The Turtle Song two weeks ago.....

And the Turtle Song tonight!



(She can actually do it a little clearer - we had sung it a hundred times by then)

4 comments:

The Journey said...

Honestly, pack your bags and fly to Chicago on Thursday - you can bunk in our room! The Ethiopian blogging community is just not the same without Jill and Mari!!! I'll email you some Oct dates for the NY trip soon, but I'm not sure if Ash can make it till then for some Mari time! :)

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

Elias says HI. He loves your turtle song!

Troy and Rachel said...

That's so adorable!!! Daniel has really been singing lately too and each time I hear a full song, I am amazed! Mari is so smart and so sweet and so cute!!!

Robbin Hopkins said...

complete joy!!!!