Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 24, 2009

Conversations with a Back Seat Driver Rider

On the way to school this morning...

Mari: Momma, I go to Abigail’s burtday party.
Me: Mari, we’ll go in a couple weeks. Did you have fun playing with Abigail yesterday?
Mari: Uh-huh. I pway with Unca Todd.
Me: Was that fun?
Mari: Yup. Unca Todd my buddy.
Me: Oh? Unca Todd is your buddy? Do you have any more buddies?
Mari: Brady Behm.
Me: I thought Brady was your boyfriend?
Mari: He’s my buddy boyfriend Brady Behm.
Me: Is Mommy your buddy?
Mari: Noo-waa! (two syllable NO)
Me: I’m not? Am I your little girl?
Mari: Nooo-waa! You not a wittle girl. You a big girl.
Me: Oh!! So I’m your big girl?
Mari: Noo-waa! You not my big girl!
Me: Well, that makes me sad. If I’m not your buddy and I’m not your big girl, then what am I?
Mari: You my MOMMY!!
Me: Oh! (cue the tears)

6 comments:

The Journey said...

Love it! She's got such an amazing vocab and uses it in the cutest ways!

Chad & Lesa said...

So sweet. Madi asked for Todd the entire way to the sitter this morning too...what is it about that guy:)

Noelle said...

okay. that totally made me tear up. what a sweet girl!

Troy and Rachel said...

So sweet!!!! Daniel calls me his baby at the funniest times, but they are always so sweet!! Mari is quite the conversationalist!

Toni Lynch said...

love it love it love...tears too

Annie said...

Precious! Can't believe M's vocab!

Maya says "no-wah" too and then, we say "yes, he built the ark" ;)