Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday!

Happy 18 months!! Little Miss Mari turned 18 months old today. Next week, we will have been together for 9 months...half her life. Wow! She has done so much growing and changing. And developing that personality...she is a little spit-fire.

And I am not with her today. I left last night for a training class a couple hours away and won't be home until Friday. My mom is staying with Mari and I'm sure that they are having a great time together. I'm doing something called "me" time. This is the first time Mari and I have been apart since we came home. Some tell me that I'm long overdue for "me" time. After 8 solid years of "me" time, I am not in any hurry to get back to that lonely world. But I'm trying to relax and make the best of my trip. I'm staying in a nice hotel (on the company's dime) with free wifi, microwave and fridge in my room, huge comfy bed (I get to sleep in until 7:30!!!), and a swimming pool. I had Outback for dinner, took a swim, took a hot bath, will soon watch Project Runway and eat some popcorn. A little mini-vacation. The best part is the class is in my hotel meeting room so I don't even have to travel for class. Ahhh!

Then Friday, home to my baby...I mean little girl. She's not a baby anymore. So sad!

3 comments:

Chad & Lesa said...

Happy Half Birthday Mari! Personally I think "Me" time is overrated, well maybe that's just because I haven't had any. Madi is almost 16 months old and I have never been away from her for a night. Wait...maybe I am due for some "Me" time!!! :)

The Taylor Family said...

9 months! It's going by so quickly. Enjoy your mini-vacation--especially the sleeping in! (I can't believe I think 7:30 a.m. is considered sleeping in now! Yikes!)

Safe travels.

Annie said...

Happy Half birthday, Mari!! oh, you're getting so big.

hope the rest of your training went well and that you guys had a good weekend.