Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 11, 2008

Bad bugs gone! Ethiopian Flu Returns.

So we finally got rid of the yummy tummy bugs only to be assaulted by the Ethiopian Flu again. Mari had the sniffles for a couple days at the end of last week and by Saturday, I had to fire up the nebulizer again. We added in another allergy med today to try to control the copious sinus drainage and teary eyes. She is very wheezy and breathing fast but it hasn't slowed her down. She had a fever this morning but that has continued to stay down all day, so back to school tomorrow. I was hoping that she was outgrowing her asthma since it had been over 2 months but I guess there are a whole new set of allergies brewing out there as we start heading into a new season.

So I have decided to start a new blogging method. One change will be that I will probably be doing all slideshows instead of individually posting pix...blogger just is not picture friendly sometimes. If anyone has trouble viewing these on their computer and is dying to see them, let me know and I'll compromise. I will also be adding in my own "categories." So here are my new categories:

One of the little "joys" of motherhood: Finding the front seat of your car covered in glitter (thanks to an art project from school).

One of the little "not-so-joys" of motherhood: Poop in the bathtub...again! Ugh!

Best piece of advice (also another little joy): Always clean out your pockets before washing clothes; it is amazing how many tissues, barrettes, socks, goldfish pretzels, etc. you can accumulate over the course of a day.

Mari's newest "cute" thing to do: Telling the dog (doddy!) NO!!! and then putting one finger to her lips and shhhhhing him. Too funny!

Mari's newest words: Ball and book. Both sounded like "bah" last week but ball has become more pronounced with a hint of an "L" at the end. Book is still "bah."

On to a slideshow.

7 comments:

Julianne said...

Love the slideshow! Nice table and chairs...glad you got the sand figured out! Can you lift them? Hope she feels better!!

The Taylor Family said...

Poor Mari. I'm impressed she can keep her spirits up with all the illnesses she's been having to put up with.

Love the ringlets! What product did you use?

Rachel said...

She's such a little pumpkin!

gigglechirp said...

so cute!

I'm ready to get together again. This distance is poo!

The Journey said...

Awesome pictures, she is so adorable. Best wishes for health SOON!

Annie said...

Hope Mari is feeling better again soon.

I love all the photos of her. She's getting so big!

Carey and Norman said...

I hope Mari gets to feeling better soon. She is adorable. I enjoyed the video and photos with the dogs. Too sweet.